Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SoNorthCustoms
    • Dec 2010

Clip-ons

So I was thinking of running clip-ons on my KZ750 twin build to keep a super low sleek look. I swear that mikesxs.net used to have 36mm clip-ons, but now only have 34 and 35mm. Anybody know of a cheap source for 36mm clipons? If I can't find any, I might go with really low rise MX bars, but they wont be as low and sleek as clip-ons.
  • SoNorthCustoms
    • Dec 2010

Or do you guys think the 35mm ones will work with a little spreading? Thoughts?

Comment

• jrhamilton80
      • Sep 2009

I've got a set of the 35's, and I think they would work. Of course that's easy for me to say, it's not my dime, but they don't fit all that tight until you tighten them up... What's 1mm among friends?

Comment

• SoNorthCustoms
        • Dec 2010

Yeah I was thinking the same thing… 1mm is awfully close to a ch. I would think they would go. I just don't want to drop a ton of cash on a pair. I'm not even 100% sure I'll be sold on them. I just want to keep the profile of the bike super low and sleek and they seem the best way to accomplish that.

Comment

• jrhamilton80
          • Sep 2009

If you've got time, I could get you a measurment (in inches, I don't know what mm's are) on mine in the next couple of days. That bike is at a shop I have access to outside of town, but I could get out there and take a look.

P.S. They're not the most quality bars I've ever seen. I think if I had it to do over again, I'd make my own out of stainless.
          Last edited by jrhamilton80; 03-02-2011, 9:18 AM.

Comment

• forty4ma9
            • Mar 2010

Could try to find another bike that has 36mm forks and clip ons and look for a used set. Usually there are some pretty comprehensive lists of models by things like fork size.

Not sure what you budget is but google will start you toward finding some 36mm ones...
            roccitycafe, airtech-streamlining

But dont forget you'll likely have to get new cables although you might be able to reroute. I thought about checking into clipons for the KZ550 project but have put it off since the triple tree has integrated risers I don't want to have deal with trying to grind those away and leaving them would look lazy and ugly. Still may check on some clubman bars some time...

Comment

• SoNorthCustoms
              • Dec 2010

Yeah… I've done some looking. The cheapest ones I found were at 650central.com or mikesxs. I think they were both right around the $60 range. I'm not looking for anything all fancy that is adjustable 17 different ways. I'm going to be running all new cables as my bike is pretty much a frame up rebuild, so I'm not worried about that.

If I can't find any, I might just try to fab something up. The clamp around the fork tubes is the only difficult part of that.

Comment

• Vinny
                • Mar 2010

I fabbed my own. Dont go cheap make sure your welds or whoever is making them's welds are super nice. I built two sets broke the first set moving the bike around the garage because I underestimated the torque that you can put on those things. Think about if one of your bars just snapped off thorugh a turn at MACH-I. I would either spend the money or make sure to make some that are indestructable.

Comment

• Omrdmtrg30
                  • May 2022

Hi Vinny, interested in a manifold to convert my kz750b 1977 twin to 1 carb, is there a webpage number or email wherr i can contact you?

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                  Working...
                  ;