Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JakenBake
    • Feb 2011

Xs500?

Okay, so heres the deal. I am buying a 1976 Yamaha Xs500 this saturday and having it dropped of this coming wednesday. Its my first bike and Im super geeked to get going on it. I have some ideas of what I want to do with it but more will come together once i get it and get it torn down. The bike does need some transmission work but my buddy who is selling me the bike is giving me enough parts to rebuild the whole transmission. I already know im not going to keep the seat and fenders, I might hold on to the tank but if I get a offer on it than probably not. The catch with this bike is I only paid 100 bucks + 50 for delivery 34 miles one way title in hand! Here is some pictures, shoot me some ideas of what you think?

• Morgue13
    • Nov 2010

sweet score!

Comment

• jluck27
      • Aug 2009

Hells yes for $100 bucks. Get ta choppin!!

Comment

• MegaDON666
        • Jul 2010

I bought the same exact year for my girl, We are currently rebuilding the engine, the cam chain is really hard to find and super expensive if you do, We just got all the gaskets and parts today, so might start rebuilding it this weekend, let me knowif there are some parts you need,

Comment

• JakenBake
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by MegaDON666
          I bought the same exact year for my girl, We are currently rebuilding the engine, the cam chain is really hard to find and super expensive if you do, We just got all the gaskets and parts today, so might start rebuilding it this weekend, let me knowif there are some parts you need,
          Keep me updated on your build!

Comment

• JakenBake
            • Feb 2011

Picked up th*e title to m*y bike yester*day and also* grabbed the* brand new t*ransmission *still in the* box! Planning on geting it dropped off on wednesday still as of right now. My friend who is selling me the bike might be getting a new job soon and doesnt know if he will start work by then so we are kind of playing it by ear i guess. I am thinking about maybe going with an xc500 tank as i saw another thread on another site with it mocked up and I think it looks awesome! I have already decided im not going to use a sporty tank because in my opinion they are way over used. still planning on doing a hardtail and maybe switching over to spoked wheels if I can find a decent pair. Keep your eyes open for a few concept drawings soon.

Comment

• JakenBake
              • Feb 2011

Parts for sale, want something? Message me.

Comment

• JakenBake
                • Feb 2011

So I have decided after having a long talk with the bike to not really "Chop" her. The frame is going to remain the way it is minus some triming off a few uneeded tabs. Instead I am going to make it into a cafe style racer. I need to pick up some new bars, pod filters, service manual, fiberglass seat and LED turn signals. While im at it im going to polish up the engine and pipes. I have however painted the side covers and will go on to painting the tank and front fender soon.
                Last edited by JakenBake; 03-07-2011, 7:41 PM. Reason: Spelled manual wrong...

Comment

• stinson
                  • Sep 2010

That will make a good cafe bike, the big square gas tank works. Build it clean and enjoy it

Comment

• nailbomb
                    • Jan 2011

i had no idea they made a 500, i am going to keep an eye on this one.

badass man.

Comment

• JakenBake
                      • Feb 2011

It will be reallll clean, and I will more than enjoy it. Im going to ride it everywhere!!!

Comment

• MegaDON666
                        • Jul 2010

Ill try to send you the tranny assembly when i get home, had to go out of town this weekend

Comment

• JakenBake
                          • Feb 2011

Sweet! Thanks man!

Comment

• MegaDON666
                            • Jul 2010

Check ur email, let me know if you need other pages

Comment

• johnpagn
                              • Nov 2010

Boooooooooo !
                              I was looking forward to seeing u chop it and what u could build out of it.

Great deal on a nice bike tho

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;