X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Knucklebuster
    • Jul 2009

Greasebag Jamborree 2011: We're Back

Oh it’s on like donkey kong.
    Greasebag. 2011. We’re motherfucking back.
    Mark your calenders and start cranking on your garage projects so they’re ready in time. The full info will be coming out in a week or two, but here is the general downlow:

The greasebag is now going to be a 2-day, Sat-Sun event.
    Saturday: Ride New England backroads from MA to NH. Camp. Drink. Terrorize the locals. Pass out.
    Sunday: Ride to Acme Choppers in Laconia for the bike show and party. Eat, drink, get stupid.

The greasebag is no longer during bike week.
    Yeah, we’re done with that shit. The last weekend in July will be the new date for the greasebag moving forward. Better weather, less douchery. Win-win for us. No traffic, no overpriced everything. Plenty of killer roads to ride and less bro-dudes to deal with.

Admission is still free. We’re hoping to do a few new things for the people this year, but it’s too early to talk about.

We need sponsors, so if you’re interested, please get in touch ([email protected])

Stay tuned.
    Last edited by Knucklebuster; 04-13-2011, 11:38 AM.
  • Knucklebuster
    • Jul 2009

Sorry mods, this should be under events. My bad.

Comment

• Isgro
      • Aug 2009

Bump for Grail. Greasebag is a kick ass event. I'll definitely be making it out.

Comment

• Buster68
        • Nov 2010

I'd be interested in riding my Panhead down from Ottawa (Canada) and meeting you guys in Laconia for the event.

Comment

• ollie
          • Nov 2010

we should get a crew of canucks and make a run down there... i'm in toronto

Comment

• MadRiverMoCo
            • Apr 2024

If anyone is riding from far away, hit me up with the PM - more than happy to host campers either in Vermont or down near Boston...

Greasebag is what a motorcycle throwdown is supposed to be.
            Greasebag/Gypsy/Brooklyn
            East Coast is holding it down
            Make sure to thank Grail for the hard work and persistence. The man works it to the bone for the sheer joy of it. Not enough people in the world like that...

Comment

• Knucklebuster
              • Jul 2009

GB2011Flyer.jpg

Here's a quick update for all you cats huffing for more Greasebag info.

Biggest piece of news: Dice Magazine pre-party Friday night in Boston!
              Damn straight, the Dice boys are coming out to celebrate with us and throw down the first ever
              Boston Dice Party. It's going to be at the Baseball Tavern on Boylston. Booze, bands, bikes, babes.... all the b's are covered. We'll have drink deals and a hook up for hotel rooms across the street at the HoJo's for all you out-of-towners and drunkards that won't be able to ride home after showing your alcoholic prowess. We're teaming up on this one with the Rippin’est Town Rally to throw down large. Huge party. Get stoked and start preparing your liver.

Official flyers are done, that's the image above. They're heading to the printer by the end of the week. I'll be passing them out and dropping them off at shops where ever I go, but I could always use help. If you can pass out flyers to your friends or drop them off at your local shop, send me an email with your address and let me know. I'll mail you a packet of them to get out.

Sponsorships: still working out all the final details on the sponsor info, if you want to get on the sponsor email list to get all the info before it hits the website, drop me a line.

Vendor Space: In the past we’ve opened up vendor space to anyone with parts who wanted to show up, to the point where we were overflowing the parking lot. This year we’re doing it a little different - vendor space will still be free, but it will be by invitation only. Instead of a wide open swap meet with random dudes selling their rusty bits, we want to gear this more towards the folks who are active parts of supporting the community. We want to this really to be about our community within the bike building world and have the event turn into more of a party and less of a random bro dude swap meet. If you think you meet those requirements and haven’t received an invitation, send us a email and let us know what you’re all about.

Saturday ride and camping: Still working out the details here. The ride will be back roads from MA to NH, route TBD. The camping will be somewhere in NH, most likely somewhere in the general Laconia area. The camping will most likely be a back to basics affair. If you've got some recommendations for places that are cheap and biker friendly, by all means send in your suggestions.

Bike Show: Nothing is changing here, same as it ever was. 13 winners, no classes, no categories, no best of show, no people's choice. The best 13 bikes bring home the glory - end of story.

That's what I've got for now, more info soon.
              Last edited by Knucklebuster; 05-06-2011, 8:18 PM.

Comment

• TresHuevos
                • Mar 2011

Can't freakin wait!!!

Comment

• toddxolsen
                  • Dec 2010

This is going to be sick. What's the route from MASS up going to be?

Comment

• NHMike
                    • Apr 2024

Yyyyyyyyeeeeeeeesssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick story.

I met one of my best buds a couple years ago over on the Horseboard, Dave (Homebrew around these parts). I had never heard of the "bag until he told me about. So, here I am, winter of 09 working on my bike, thinking about going to the "Bag and then we find out it's not happeneing. Thanks alot Laconia Politicians!!!!

I'm SO stoked about going to this. Can't WAIT to be rubbing elbows with all you bastards I've been talking to on here. It's going to be a great time!

Comment

• millerlowlife
                      • Nov 2010

the more i read about this the more pumped i'm getting about it. all the fun of laconia with none of the chromed out, bullshit associated with bike week.
                      Last edited by millerlowlife; 04-14-2011, 1:56 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

• Knucklebuster
                        • Jul 2009

More info for the Friday night Dice party. You guys are getting this even before I post it to the site.

The bands are booked:
                        THE ALLSTONIANS
                        FOR THE WORSE
                        SKA-PREST
                        THE EGOS
                        REVILERS

Allstonians and Ska-Prest are ska, For The Worse and Revilers are punk, and the Egos are garage rock.

The baseball tavern is a 4-story club. A roof deck, a 2nd floor lounge, the first floor main bar, and the basement. The bands will be in the basement. There will be a reasonable cover charge to get into the basement (somewhere between $5-$9), but there will be no cover charge in the main bar and the floors above. There will be a dj downstairs doing music between sets.

There is a HoJo directly across the street from the club. If you're coming from out of town and just want to roll out of the bar into shelter, we've got a great group rate for the night.
                        If you mention "scooter rally" when you book, you'll get a room for $135. I know that might seem pricey, but that's a really good deal for a room in downtown boston. Get 4 of your buds and split it - totally doable, and it's literally right across the street from the bar. The joint is old school class with a swimming pool, Tiki bar, Chinese restaurant & parking that is visible from most rooms

I'm not saying you might not be able to find a cheaper place, but for convenience, it's hard to beat.

Oh, and we've got a facebook event page going now:

Click on that and add it to your list of places to be.
                        Last edited by Knucklebuster; 04-18-2011, 8:27 PM.

Comment

• NHMike
                          • Apr 2024

I'm so fucking stoked about this I wanna punch babies in the face.

Last edited by Guest; 04-18-2011, 9:17 PM.

Comment

• MadRiverMoCo
                            • Apr 2024

saw Grail this weekend

the word stoked comes to mind...

Comment

• Knucklebuster
                              • Jul 2009

Preliminary Greasebag Saturday Ride Info
                              Departure Time: 11-11:30am
                              That should give you enough time to work off most of your hang over from the night before, get breakfast and gas up.

Departure Location: Still finalizing this, I want to do a pre-run before I let it out to the general public. But here’s what I know:
                              Departure will be an easily accessible location off 128 North West of Boston OR an alternative might be from the North Shore area. A ride containing some time on Route 225 is my preference though, that road is quite nice.
                              Actual time on the road time will be around 3 hours, give or take, 120 to 150 miles. Add in time for gas stops, road side repairs, food, etc. and that should put the total run time around 5 hours or so. That will put us at the camp in the early evening with plenty of time to setup your tent, go grab food, ride the surrounding roads or get lit up like a roman candle.
                              The ride will be pretty laid back, I’m trying to minimize the number road changes, while still making it interesting. We’ll be using secondary roads, no highways. If you feel like chiming in with some road suggestions, by all means go right ahead.
                              Last edited by Knucklebuster; 05-09-2011, 10:04 AM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;