CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 51 First 123412 ... Last

Thread: Dyna Pics

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by 2speed View Post
    Saw the build pics You posted of this one... Sweet F'in Dyna
    Thanks man, I appreciate it

Get Adobe Flash player

2000 fxdx
    full floating front rotors, steering stabilizer, fork brace, BILTWELL TRACKER bars narrowed 1" on stock risers, andrews gear drive cams, 95 cu inch kit with the early screaming eagle (HTCC actually) heads, dyna ignition, swapped the 5 speed for a 6, metzler 880's (THE BEST TIRES EVER), le pera seat, just added some buell pegs, too.
    liked thunder headers but not sure i wanna give up the ground clearance. got a dual hooker megaphone at the swap this weekend and some WORKS shocks, too (both from the BORN LOSER). WOMPY's workin' on mounting dual TOKICO's off a newer model Kawi up front and i'll get sum steel braided lines as well, they're a super cheap way to upgrade ur brakes. and when i get into the bottom end, the crank will get welded up and the updated cam support plate and oil pump will be added. WELL OVER 130 MPH this weekend at about 4600 rpm
    i'll post more pics as i progress
    SPLIT LANES, POP WHEELIES
    WWW.BLOTTOPARTS.BLOGSPOT.COM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails d2.jpg   d.jpg   d1.jpg  
    Last edited by suckaduckpunk1; 10-24-2010 at 10:38 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

I've had/heard of a handful of bad experiences on the welded cranks. I had DH do one and wiped out the left side case even with the timken, some others have had similar results..could be a bad batch or something. From now on, under 100in I'm only doing the lefty bearing and staying with the late model chain drive setup. Witness well over 100hp with this setup and many, many trouble free miles. Big inch over 100ci I'd go with aftermarket wheels anyways with timkens. your bike sounds like a rocket already, cant wait to see some progress pics. Mine's staying as is unless I sell my pan/shovel then it's getting fully turned out. 120Jims, 6spd, Works, blah, blah

Get Adobe Flash player

I just installed TrueTrack on my '00 and love it! totaly changed the handling and it doesn't feel like its got a hinge in the middle. 12.75 in Road Turd air shocks helped alot too. I just picked up Works Performance cartridge internals for the forks and piecing together a dual floating disc conversion.
    This bike is the closest thing to FXR and I just don't get why anyone would do anything to ruin the handling .....

Get Adobe Flash player

Alkay
    How u been man, met u at the COC thing in the LBC. explain the tru track, i know the wishy washy rear wheel feeling. how much, how complicated?

Get Adobe Flash player

Hey man, all's cool, just haven't been able to get to Santa Fe
    True track is a stabilizer that limits the way drivetrane is moving in the frame. It allows for up and down movement, but doesn't allow motor/tranny/swingarm and rear wheel to move sideways and get out of alignment with the frame and front wheel. This is what Erik Buell originally designed for Buells and FXRs.
    That and new isolators totally changed my bike.Bike is Rock solid now. Before, one of my buds followed me into some high speed sweepers and said that he COULD SEE my rear wheel cocking and pushing me sideways .....

True Track was $350 and new isolators were $210. When I ordered the True Track they told me to get new isolators from h-d, because original ones wear out in 20-30K and make true track hard to instal. Front was really bad and sagged, but easy to change. Rear takes a bit longer, but I had the whole thing done in about 2hrs.

http://www.true-track.com/tt_20-30.html

Get Adobe Flash player

This, BTW, is the cartridge kit that I'm putting into my forks....

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/...drfksprngs.htm

I got 99% of the bits to convert my forks to fully adjustable (FXDX), dual disk, floating rotors set-up with braided lines. Air shocks aren't as cool as Works or Ohlins, but at $50, they are hard to beat.

Get Adobe Flash player

Well, you got to figure out what you want your street bob to look like. Personally I agree with these fellas, for many of us the late model Dyna is the DD work horse/touring/haul ass/two up bike - fits well next to a hard core chopper in the garage.

The formula is simple, only spend mony on shit that makes it faster, easier to maintain, or better for touring. Plus it doesn't take much to make them look cool, heres my '00 FXDX

Get Adobe Flash player

is it just me...or does it seem like ive seen these bikes somewhere......o yea SOA

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by deadbeat89 View Post
    is it just me...or does it seem like ive seen these bikes somewhere......o yea SOA

its just you. welcome to last week.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by deadbeat89 View Post
    killer comeback BRO
    Last edited by shiftace; 10-26-2010 at 12:52 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by suckaduckpunk1 View Post
    2000 fxdx
    full floating front rotors, steering stabilizer, fork brace, BILTWELL TRACKER bars narrowed 1" on stock risers, andrews gear drive cams, 95 cu inch kit with the early screaming eagle (HTCC actually) heads, dyna ignition, swapped the 5 speed for a 6, metzler 880's (THE BEST TIRES EVER), le pera seat, just added some buell pegs, too.
    liked thunder headers but not sure i wanna give up the ground clearance. got a dual hooker megaphone at the swap this weekend and some WORKS shocks, too (both from the BORN LOSER). WOMPY's workin' on mounting dual TOKICO's off a newer model Kawi up front and i'll get sum steel braided lines as well, they're a super cheap way to upgrade ur brakes. and when i get into the bottom end, the crank will get welded up and the updated cam support plate and oil pump will be added. WELL OVER 130 MPH this weekend at about 4600 rpm
    i'll post more pics as i progress
    SPLIT LANES, POP WHEELIES
    WWW.BLOTTOPARTS.BLOGSPOT.COM
    Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of how this bike looks, but sometimes it's nice to see guys are in it for function not fashion. Don't get me wrong, it still looks pretty bad ass, and maybe it's just how you want it, there's just a few things I would change aesthetically (if it were my bike). But shit man, that is set up real nice! It's gotta be one of the funnest bikes to ride. I would get into a lot of trouble if I were riding it. It's pretty bad ass, thanks for posting.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Jackieshan View Post
    Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of how this bike looks, but sometimes it's nice to see guys are in it for function not fashion. Don't get me wrong, it still looks pretty bad ass, and maybe it's just how you want it, there's just a few things I would change aesthetically (if it were my bike). But shit man, that is set up real nice! It's gotta be one of the funnest bikes to ride. I would get into a lot of trouble if I were riding it. It's pretty bad ass, thanks for posting.
    thats why scoots are cool, u get to make 'em urs. i'm not thru doing that yet but so far, i can live with this bike. and to be painfully honest, at 130 mph it dont really matter what yer bike looks like

(insert emoticon here)

Get Adobe Flash player

simple....kinda less is more...speedster dyna

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by kizzzottt View Post

this thing is pretty killer.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by kizzzottt View Post

pretty fucking killer is right! that shit is dyna-sex-tastic! Cept for the lowered shocks, but thats just my 2 cents

my bitch is lookin beat from way too much rode hard/and literally put away wet - I need to give her some love and ill post some pics

Kizzotttt - is that yers? lets get some more angles of that pretty lil slut, huh?

DYNAPRIDE bitches

Get Adobe Flash player

here's a couple pics of mine as it sits today. had a bit of fallout with my exhaust so pay not attention to the wacked out shit that's on there now

coachstorms

I got an '09 too - tell about that jockey shift set-up you got going...

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by coachstorms View Post
    I got an '09 too - tell about that jockey shift set-up you got going...
    the shifter itself is the cookie cutter shifter you can find on ebay for $75. i think it's made by custom chrome or something. It didn't meet my shift lever right cause it's made for an older bike so it's been altered a little to fit. otherwise, the clutch cable is a standard cable only run underneath of the bike. there's not much too it all really. It's been a reliable setup though.

Get Adobe Flash player

My 06 Street Bob.

Photobucket

Share This