Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • transamtony
    • Apr 2024

Buell blast motor.

I have seen a few buell blast choppers on the net, do the blast motors have the same mounts as a sportster motor?
  • Spade115
    • May 2010

you can from my understanding fit a blast into a sportster motor, however the front mount needs to be different, crossroads sells a part that fits perfectly. Theres a cat on here under the name Old Gold Garage co. who built a beautiful blast chop 70's style I have the pic let me load it.

Last edited by Spade115; 10-15-2010, 9:10 AM.

Comment

• transamtony
      • Apr 2024

Yeah, thats the bike I was talking about. sweet.

Comment

• OldGoldGarageCo
        • Sep 2009

Thanks guys but the blast mounts are totally different from any of the sportsters I've worked on. It's possible that a couple of them may be the same as a rubbermount sportster. The frame I used was designed for a '72 ironhead motor. I had to build all new mounts for it. I also have an XB9 motor I'm thinking about putting in an 87 sportster frame. It's a lot of fab work. Oh and it's Old Gold. Not Old School. There are
        more pics at http://oldgoldgarage.com

Comment

• Spade115
          • May 2010

Originally posted by OldGoldGarageCo
          Thanks guys but the blast mounts are totally different from any of the sportsters I've worked on. It's possible that a couple of them may be the same as a rubbermount sportster. The frame I used was designed for a '72 ironhead motor. I had to build all new mounts for it. I also have an XB9 motor I'm thinking about putting in an 87 sportster frame. It's a lot of fab work. Oh and it's Old Gold. Not Old School. There are
          more pics at http://oldgoldgarage.com
          HEHE sorry Fixed

Comment

• billybiltit
            • Aug 2009

the blast frame is a bitch to do anything cool with.
            it is square tubing that also doubles as the oil tank,and it is very humpbacked.the cool thing is to do like old gold garage did and modify an existing frame or build a new one.
            i am wanting to chop the neck out and build a new frame.right now i have modified the frame and swingarm and have built a fun little bike.
            people stare at it like it has an odor .

i rode it on a poker run and people kept coming up asking "wtf is it".
            i had bought it new and my wife learned that she doesn't like to ride in traffic.so i used it whenever my other bike was down to jet around on.i finally got the green light from my wife to "do something cool with it".so i went about cutting off everything i could and built or found or was given all the pieces to make it ride again.
            you may not think it is cool,but if you rode it you would have a shit eatin grin on your face afterwards.it is a work in progress(obviously).currently i am building a rear subframe that could hold two people.

leon

Comment

• billybiltit
              • Aug 2009

old gold garage what are you using for ignition and carb duty?
              i would like to switch to a keihin that did not have a tps and some kinda simple ignition.
              any help would be greatly appreciated.tia,

leon

Comment

• Spade115
                • May 2010

That looks real cool billy

Comment

• billybiltit
                  • Aug 2009

thanks spade115, they take a strong pimp hand to get anything cool outta them,hehe .
                  not easy like a trumpet or sporty that are already the cool kids.it has been fun screwing around with it.the only reliability issues i have were ones that i created with my sketchy wire routing skills.the thing only has just over 3000 miles.i have a few other cool bikes (dovetail framed 88 ci.shovelhead,69 650 t120r,1980 z1r blah blah ).
                  i think the fact that there is no fear of "fucking it up"is part of what makes them so fun to chop with.
                  once i got it chopped down to this point

i could see there was some chop potential.i resisted the urge to boardtrack it and just wanted the most bare bones i could get.
                  i would like to build a frame but still want to keep the rear shock like it is.it's simple and works decent.i rode it around with a strut for a while at first and that was brutal on oklahoma roads.

i would like to see more folks chop em up.

leon

Comment

• OldGoldGarageCo
                    • Sep 2009

I put a CV carb from a Harley on it without all the extra bullshit. I didnt even run a choke cable since we're in a warm climate. The ignition is stock, but we had to re-time it since theres no electronic module to retard it under hard accelleration. We've had a few issues to mess with but it seems good to go, has about 700 miles on it now. I built it for my wife, the stock blast was her first bike, so once she was ready, we just tore it down and I built the chopper.

Comment

• Chopaweeza
                      • Apr 2010

So , the Buell Blast fit what Sportster frames ? With the kit to convert the engine mounts who is the manufacturer ? There are too many Crossroads out there to find the right company .

Comment

• billybiltit
                        • Aug 2009

ogg,thanks for the reply.
                        did you strip the stock harness and cut it down or build a new one?

leon

Comment

• Spade115
                          • May 2010

Originally posted by Chopaweeza
                          So , the Buell Blast fit what Sportster frames ? With the kit to convert the engine mounts who is the manufacturer ? There are too many Crossroads out there to find the right company .

This is the one you'r looking for

Comment

• Spade115
                            • May 2010

thought I would bump this up with a question..

Blastard by GS Motor Co. Now I have noticed a lot of people here know a lot of the favricators and what not I was wondering does anyone know is the frame was made for the company or made by the company? I would like to get the same frame for my blast because I havent seen anything like it and like the simplicity of it. I also dislike the oil tank back bone because I cant swap tanks easily...

the rims I actually dig the shit out of also if anyone knows who makes them.

Thanks in advance you all

Name of owner
                            Greg Socha

I know the company was based out of Michigan if that helps

this was also the closest thing I found with the name and area.
                            Redline Manufacturing Own This Business?

Edit Company Info
                            283 Vanbruggen Street
                            Galesburg, MI 49053-9564 map
                            Last edited by Spade115; 02-15-2012, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• ibuiltmine
                              • Jun 2010

Check out Dan at NRHS. Hes got some killer hop up stuff for the blast motors!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;