Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • firstripholdmybeer
    • Apr 2018

Transmission clutch engagement issue?

This might be something completely stupid and might be overlooking something simple. my transmission engages with the drive chain srocket when in gear, but
    Is not engaging with the primary chain when in neutral. I'm pretty sure I put everything on correctly. Trying to avoid taking everything back apart. Any ideas or suggestions as to what to be causing my primary chain to not engage when kicking over.
  • TriNortchopz
    • Dec 2017

did it work before you took it apart?
    what clutch is in there? perhaps re-check adjustment.
    If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• JBinNC
      • Dec 2018

Kicker acts on the mainshaft. Clutch hub is mounted on the mainshaft. Clutch shell and primary chain are connected to the clutch hub by the clutch. So, when kicking, if the clutch hub is turning and the primary chain is not moving, the clutch is slipping. If the clutch hub is not moving, it is slipping on the mainshaft, which means the key is out of place or sheared and the clutch hub nut is not tight enough.

The above is assuming that by engaging the drive chain sprocket, you mean that the kicker will move the bike when the transmission is in gear.

Jim

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
      Working...
      ;