Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sbd
    • Jul 2019

Interesting title

Hey all, bought an old generator shovel with a blank vin pad on the left case (replacement case) it was in this 1975 FXE shovelhead frame and titled as such.

While not strange in of itself the weird bit is that the title shows 1966 HD with the 1975 FXE VIN numbers. I attached a pic with the Oregon title. My guess is there was a mistake back in the day at the DMV or someone was sloppy? It is branded as "reconstructed". Anyone ever seen something like this?

I asked the old timer who owned it and he didn't know as he got the bike 20+ years ago from a kid who's dad built it and passed. I'm not super concerned with the resell as this is a chopper for me just curious. Cheers all.
  • rockman96
    • May 2018

I don't know the answer, laws are different across states. But, it sounds to me like whoever built it had adequate proof of ownership for the motor, and it was logged the way it was so there wouldn't be legality questions down the road. But what do I know. Post pics of the bike!

Comment

• TriNortchopz
      • Dec 2017

something here for Oregon;

Rebuilt Title and Insurance
      I am just about to finish rebuilding my bike and have to get it inspected by the state (Oregon). Has anybody gone through the process of rebuild a...

When a car becomes damaged to a point that the repair costs exceed a certain portion of the car's value, the car is ...
      If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• kestrou
        • Oct 2021

I see how that could happen… so takes somebody who understands that HD was titled by the number on the case prior to 1970 to comprehend…

Kinda sucks that it’s a “reconstructed” title, but for a 50+yo chop, that’s not a huge deal - gives the bike some “patina”

Kevin

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;