Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 89octane
    • Jun 2022

Sorry. Another vin question

Alright guys wtf am I looking at here? This is titled as a 79 shovel in the sellers name. The vin on the frame matches the title and the numbers on this obviously aftermarket engine case. No mso for the cases. Looks like someone took the liberty of stamping those numbers in the case. It passed the dmv inspection.
    Attached Files
  • JBinNC
    • Dec 2018

Could be a Harley-Davidson replacement case. The factory would stamp the original motor number on the new case, if the damaged case were returned for exchange. And in the early '80s, the motor number was moved to that location. I just did a rebuild of a '73 FLH motor with replacement case that was similarly marked. I think yer good, man. Carry on.

Jim

Comment

• 89octane
      • Jun 2022

Originally posted by JBinNC
      Could be a Harley-Davidson replacement case. The factory would stamp the original motor number on the new case, if the damaged case were returned for exchange. And in the early '80s, the motor number was moved to that location. I just did a rebuild of a '73 FLH motor with replacement case that was similarly marked. I think yer good, man. Carry on.

Jim
      No kidding? Wow I didn’t know that. I thought it looked super sketchy

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
      Working...
      ;