Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stonedjesus91
    • Jan 2019

New scoot

Been off a bike for a good year now, came across this 04 wide glide and got a decent deal on it. Has a terrible paintjob and needs a little tlc but for the money i cant complain. Had to bleed the back brakes, install a new battery and have a new front tire coming as well as a oil and air filter. She has a little sputter under a load but hoping a fuel filter and new fuel will clear it up, if not back to the drawing board. Really wanted a carb bike but the fuel injections not bad i suppose.
    Attached Files
  • docmel
    • May 2015

My recommendation is to keep your work simplle and ride it Sputter is common for FI bikes that have been sitting. I beleive you are on track by changing the fuel filter. I bought a 2012 FI that had been sitting for about 13 months. Sputter on accel. Culprit was the fuel filter: Dirty to begin with, combined with gunky fuel made the fuel filter even hard to just blow thru. Hit YOU TUBE Many vids on chgning out the fuel filter

Comment

• Stonedjesus91
      • Jan 2019

I had to do alot of work on my old street bob so am somewhat familar with the fuel injection system. Drained all the old fuel out, didnt look/smell terrible but will reuse it in the mower. As suspected the fuel filter was in sorry condition. Had one on hand, swapped er out and put afresh gallon of gas in, runs like it should now! No sputter or hesitation. Next week gonna tear it down again for paint.

Comment

• Stonedjesus91
        • Jan 2019

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230115_125354.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	294.1 KB
ID:	1323377

Comment

• 47str8leg
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Stonedjesus91
          Been off a bike for a good year now, came across this 04 wide glide and got a decent deal on it. Has a terrible paintjob and needs a little tlc but for the money i cant complain. Had to bleed the back brakes, install a new battery and have a new front tire coming as well as a oil and air filter. She has a little sputter under a load but hoping a fuel filter and new fuel will clear it up, if not back to the drawing board. Really wanted a carb bike but the fuel injections not bad i suppose.
          Run Marvel Mystery Oil through it for a couple of tankfuls . Can be used in the oil as well.
          Works pretty good . Used it in my van with F.I. in both my furl and oil . Changed oil when the fuel got low. Runs way better now. Nice and smooth.

Comment

• Stonedjesus91
            • Jan 2019

Ill run a bit of seafoam through er. Like i said shes running like a top now. Ride er this summer and next winter will upgrade the cam tensioner system.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;