X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DustyDave
    Super Moderator
    • Oct 2012

Miserable Christmas dinner

Was supposed to feast with the neighbors today, So I did my cardio walk middle of the day and went a little harder than usual. Came home and had some kind of attack. So at 7:00 I was in an ER bed eating an at least day old ham and cheese dry on white bread with a half diet soda. Really sad Christmas feast. Then it took them until 10:00 to decide that it was a low blood pressure episode. Told them several times that I know what a heart attack feels like and this wasn't it. Had to talk really hard to keep from spending the night.
    Dusty
    Driving that train, high on cocaine
    Casey Jones you better, watch your speed
    Trouble ahead, trouble behind
    And you know that notion just crossed my mind​
  • FMC1
    • Dec 2021

Glad you weathered the storm. There's not much I hate more in this world than being in a hospital.

Comment

• ExplodingCoffinEmporium
      • Oct 2016

Originally posted by DustyDave
      Was supposed to feast with the neighbors today, So I did my cardio walk middle of the day and went a little harder than usual. Came home and had some kind of attack. So at 7:00 I was in an ER bed eating an at least day old ham and cheese dry on white bread with a half diet soda. Really sad Christmas feast. Then it took them until 10:00 to decide that it was a low blood pressure episode. Told them several times that I know what a heart attack feels like and this wasn't it. Had to talk really hard to keep from spending the night.
      Dusty
      I mean we run an EKG, chest X-ray, and cardiac enzyme series, if it comes back ok we know at least it’s not an active MI. I’m sure they wanted to do a stress/echo to verify but unfortunately being the holiday, there were probably no nuc med teams in house anywhere to run the exams. Sorry to hear about your Christmas Dave. Between my wife and I, one of us is generally always in the hospital on Christmas as well if not both, but at least we get paid for it. From the sounds of it you have a history of hypotension, do you know the reason behind it?

Comment

• DustyDave
        Super Moderator
        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by ExplodingCoffinEmporium
        I mean we run an EKG, chest X-ray, and cardiac enzyme series, if it comes back ok we know at least it’s not an active MI. I’m sure they wanted to do a stress/echo to verify but unfortunately being the holiday, there were probably no nuc med teams in house anywhere to run the exams. Sorry to hear about your Christmas Dave. Between my wife and I, one of us is generally always in the hospital on Christmas as well if not both, but at least we get paid for it. From the sounds of it you have a history of hypotension, do you know the reason behind it?
        Hypertension since I was 18. Allergic to iodine so have to premedicate before CT with contrast. Had a stress test in sept. She seemed to think we need to rethink some of the blood pressure meds and stopped the diuretic. Anyway better today may go ride.
        Dusty

Comment

• kestrou
          • Oct 2021

Dang, buddy... was there at least a cute nurse?

Kevin

Comment

• DustyDave
            Super Moderator
            • Oct 2012

Several but unfortunately I must not be good looking anymore.
            Dusty

Comment

• Hoghead
              • Jun 2015

Originally posted by DustyDave
              Several but unfortunately I must not be good looking anymore.
              Dusty
              Plenty of us in that boat, mate! If you got out yesterday-hope you enjoyed the ride.

Comment

• docmel
                • May 2015

There aint no such thing as knowing what a heart attack feels like. Get checked out properly

Comment

• ExplodingCoffinEmporium
                  • Oct 2016

Originally posted by docmel
                  There aint no such thing as knowing what a heart attack feels like. Get checked out properly
                  This is correct. Heart attacks present differently depending on a multitude of factors, location and extent of blockage all play into what symptoms you will experience. Although sounds like he did the right thing by seeking medical attention and I guarantee they ruled out an MI if he has a history as no one wants to deal with letting one slip out the door, we hate lawsuits to be honest and sending out an unstable angina patient without covering ourselves is asking for a legal butt fucking if anything happens once they discharge.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                  Working...
                  ;