CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Totally Stupmed = 82 Ironhead with CV Carb

Just want to update on my post from earlier.
    Friend brought in his 82 to do a valve cover gasket and a primary gasket. Also replaced a screw on the carb bowl and cleaned out carb while we were at it.
    Once everything was back together it seemed to run weaker on rear cylinder. Was concerned it was not sparking or firign on rear replaced plugs and tried a new coil. Looks pretty good there. Still no good running.
    Checked all intake seals, all are good and no change when spraying with starting fluid. I've adjusted pushrods twice. The front pushrods did come off when replacing the front valve cover gasket.
    It idles ok, but as soon as I give it any sort of gas it bogs out and dies. Rear plug looks wet and like its not sparking but I can see that it certainly is. Something is up with the rear cylinder. I am leaning towards checking pushrods again. Thing drove fine before he started to get an overflow on the carb. Did them a third tim and pushrods are nuts on.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plugs.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	109331
    other background details are that about a month ago his friend but gas in the oil tank. We cleaned it out as best we could. it hasn't run much since then as he wanted to fix the carb.
    Any leads on where to look next?
    Thanks!

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Did you check float level of the carb? Confirmed the carb slide diaphragm is not compromised?
    Did you perform a compression test on each cylinder?
    Try another spark plug as it may work until it is under compression - and check the wire into the cap is good.
    what type of ignition is on there?

Share This