Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jigoe007
    • Aug 2018

Kickstand..

I'm getting close to completing my 3 in over Sportster with the Throttle Addition hardtail.. I forgot I lost my kickstand spring achcor point with the hardtail installation.. What are you guys using? A weld on kickstand? I still have the mounting point for the stand so don't I only need a clip to hold the stand when retracted? Does anyone sale a gripper clip to hold the kickstand when retracted?
  • docmel
    • May 2015

Your gonna need an anchor point: WELDED, A properly mounted KS and spring will hug against the frame and stay in place when up.

Looking for "clip" or keeper will be PIA every time you want to release it to put it down

And dont use a bungie cord

Be aware, 3" over will lean the bike over more toward the throttle side (easier to tip over) if you are using a stock kickstand

Comment

• 10scDust
      • Jan 2018

For what it's worth, I know a guy whose kickstand came down when turning left onto another road, city driving slower speed, and it catapulted him in which he suffered a broken leg.

I would want a spring on mine for safety's sake.

Comment

• rabies
        • May 2019

did that on a bicycle. sucked pretty bad. hurts more when your already hurting from being old.

Comment

• farmall
          • Apr 2013

The best stand in motorcycling is the old style big twin stand and weld-on mount plates are available (from Fab Kevin etc) but they're just a piece of flat bar.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;