Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yamahajoe
    • Sep 2022

Camping tents

Have had a Walmart tent for 4 years and its time to upgrade.

Wondering what everyone uses. I know about the Abel browns my buddy has one and not my thing.

Looking for something that packs small and alot of the lists don't seem to be aimed at motorcycles

Thanks
  • kestrou
    • Oct 2021

YJ,

Check out tents made for backpackers - like us two-wheelers, they're concerned with small/light tents.

Kevin

Comment

• LisaBallard
      • Jul 2009

I've heard good things about https://abelbrown.com/collections/ca...s/nomad-4-tent

Comment

• LisaBallard
        • Jul 2009

Also check out Moto Camp Nerd

Comment

• Yamahajoe
          • Sep 2022

Originally posted by kestrou
          YJ,

Check out tents made for backpackers - like us two-wheelers, they're concerned with small/light tents.

Kevin
          Thanks Kevin was looking into some just so many damn options

Comment

• Yamahajoe
            • Sep 2022

Originally posted by LisaBallard
            Ya my buddy has an Abel brown only thing I wasn't really a fan of is detaching it from bike because of laziness mostly lol

Comment

• LisaBallard
              • Jul 2009

Lol. The folks at Moto Camp Nerd can help ya!

Comment

• farmall
                • Apr 2013

I used to use tents and switched to hammocks with delightful results for my back and much amusement when a site gets rain and I'm dry and high.

There are so many hammock styles best to read hammock forums to figger out what ya like. Friction-style bike tiedowns (which of course are dual/many use on bike runs) work for me including as a ridgeline (I require a ridgeline I can put my full weight on for easy ingress/egress).

I currently use a Hennessey Expedition in warm weather for the built-in bug netting and bottom entrance (super handy when ya need to piss and it's raining so ya don't care to leave shelter. I also like my https://eaglesnestoutfittersinc.com/...lenest-hammock for non-buggy weather and bring both so I can lounge on the open hammock during the day.

In cool or cold weather an underquilt is a very good idea. I didn't know they existed until I read up on hammocks but they're not only great at insulation, ya can flip them out of the way when days are warm but nights cold.

I often sleep in a hammock on a stand in my living room (on a cheap cotton hammock which is fine for that) because of my bad back. I wish I'd discovered hammocks earlier. I'm set up in minutes while my tent bros are still fighting fiberglass poles and placing padding to keep their butts off the ground.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                Working...
                ;