Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Revelator
    • Aug 2009

sinking ship sos

The systematic destruction of the once great United States of America continues
    at a rapid rate with no signs of slowing down........... will IT survive?

well...... Not unless the People fight back against "Globalism" and the destructive
    policies that stem from the United Nations & reach far & wide to virtually every branch
    of Government in the USA & Worldwide.
    Massive over regulation, over taxation, over policing (by the "Green" Brigade) & run away
    inflation are not good for operating a business, especially a steel factory.

the U.S. is losing yet another large steel plant/foundry in Oregon that has been in operation
    for over 100 years.

The United States managed to become the world’s foremost superpower on the strength of its people and its monumental manufacturing capabilities, which literally won two world wars. But after a few decades of systematic dismantling by the Marxist deep state, with help from greedy, short-sighted politicians looking to make money off America’s decline, today’s manufacturing […]

Much of the destructive policies being implemented at every level of
    Government are
    part of an elaborate plan to destroy the West in order to bring in a New
    global system of control. The radical "deep state" left refers to it as.... Build Back Better.

The powerful World Economic Forum, Run by the lunatic Klaus Schwab, refers to it
    as the Great Reset.

If One follows the pyramid upward, One will find powerful NGO's such as the WHO, CDC, UN, & others
    that are supporting the effort, such as wall street icons, Black Rock, Vanguard, State Street.
    Fidelity, I shares, Birkshire Hathaway, etc, & the higher up the pyramid leads to the ultra powerful (jewish owned)
    Central Banks that have virtually every Country by the Balls.

The shut down of the Oregon steel plant is one more nail in the coffin for the United States,
    as the World moves closer & closer to fulfilling the long range plans of a New World Order
    totalitarian state that resembles communist china, Using the bogus "Climate Change"
    narrative, & the "covid-19" PLANdemic scam
    as the main driving factors, driven by manufactured fear & lies to reach the big goal.

To understand it all, One must get in the mindset of the Ones that are creating the change,
    & understand their ideologies, & beliefs, that are likely way different than the common
    man that just wants to live a simple life of freedom & happiness.

unless the People wake up,
    I see a grim future ahead, As the Globalists do Their final push that includes massive
    Depopulation, & famine, Just as other communist leaders did in the past.
    The People need to stay focused & pay attention to the signs & avoid
    being distracted with bull crap, media lies & deception, &
    resist the the iron grip that is tightening around
    Our necks as each day passes by.

It's Your Choice... Freedom or Fascism
  • farmall
    • Apr 2013

Pure SEO-speak and quite effective directed at a preferentially credulous audience not genuinely interested in economics. "Fascism" has no real popular meaning and has become a catchall for "shit audience cannot understand but want to call bad". The military/industrial/corporate complex IS America and why we are so wealthy.

The shut down of the Oregon steel plant is one more nail in the coffin for the United States,
    Steel is a changing industry which sheer management incompetence mostly wrecked back when most 33ers were children or unborn. The global steel market is tough at the moment and less competitive operations get hit. That's the market in action. It's cyclic like everything else and due a downturn after the highs of 2021.

As high inflation continues to affect economies worldwide, the global steel market is feeling the effects. Read the latest steel market news here.

It's fun to invoke externalities but US steel markets are oversupplied and stockholders (businesses exist for those who OWN them not the cattle on the shop floor) come before maintaining elderly plant and excess capacity.

KeyBanc Capital Markets analysts wrote on Aug. 23, that the U.S. steel markets remain oversupplied, after the build up coming out of the Covid-19 pandemic. The analysts noted that U.S. steel production decreased 5% year-over-year in July. Global crude steel production also decreased 6% in July compared to June. And the slowdown was not just in the U.S. China's steel production dropped 10% month-over-month in July, the analysts wrote.
    A 121 year old steel business will be encumbered by what they failed to divest or modernize. Meanwhile successful competitors as in other industries remain running. Key takeaway (the rest is boilerplate):

"The inability to hire and retain sufficient employees to produce castings at a sustainable level, even after substantial pay increases."
    Foundries do best with a large local low-education workforce without many employment choices because most people with alternatives will work elsewhere and other businesses pay well without the hassles and hazards. The so-called Great Resignation is workers with marketable skills making the adult choice to take more profitable positions. A plant closure doesn't mean the sky is falling. It does mean another organization will buy the leftovers. All businesses are ephemeral and many age out.

Portland real estate is valuable so NBD because there are plenty of employed workers bidding it up.

Home prices in Portland jumped 11.7% to a median of $575,000 in May, up from $515,000 a year ago, according to RMLS, as tight supply offset rising interest rates, which tend to cool real estate markets by making monthly payments higher.

“Total market time,” the length of time between when a property is listed and when an offer is accepted, fell to 18 days in May from 21 days in April and 22 days in May 2021.

“We’re in a very strong seller’s market,” said Aryne Blumklotz, principal real estate broker at Living Room Realty. “There’s not much to buy.”

Blumklotz recently represented a seller in the Alberta neighborhood who got nine offers on a house that listed for $675,000. She held three open houses, all of them packed. The house hasn’t closed yet, so she can’t reveal the winning bid. A few weeks before, she sold a house in Alameda for $995,000 that had listed for $869,000.
    Change from elderly smokestack industries is not disaster, it's just normal development. Portland doesn't need smokestack industry any more because it no longer suits the location and labor cost. Developers will be all over that ~87 acre area because the new generation of workers need housing and have plenty of money to buy it (hence current home prices).

I suggest political thread starters be subjects the poster has genuine personal command of and they write themselves. It's a skill and knowledge builder doing it that way.

US manufacturing volume is enormous but efficiency is the enemy of meatbag workers because the ideal business has none. The US punches above its population being second largest global manufacturer but many Americans don't remember why. The reason is the Second World War and that's been over for a while. Other people can make things too while the US can adapt. (Japan was once supposed to eat our lunch in the 1970s. Guess what didn't happen?)

US unemployment rates for people who can do things are trivial. Even poor SC is low on skilled workers so manufacturers invest in training. While Portland doesn't need an obsolete foundry poorer states have the right low labor costs, lack of unions and malleable worker base (the reason all those German auto and parts makers locate here instead of Portland should be no mystery). That's why the Nucor steel mills do well in SC and elsewhere. The modern steel industry doesn't look like the 1940s.
    Last edited by farmall; 08-29-2022, 9:01 PM.

Comment

• CDeeZ
      • Oct 2019

Farmall,

I know I've probably said this before, but, I am always genuinely impressed and amused by your writings on here. It is evident that you have studied a great variety of topics and also, are simply after the truth.

Comment

• datadavid
        • Oct 2014

No no no the U.S wont survive, not with the amount of stinky anuses you guys got over there. I mean do some people even wipe anymore? Can they even wipe? Have they ever seen a bidè?? Whats happening Merica??

Comment

• farmall
          • Apr 2013

Wiping is a waste of precious paper and effort (vs. hoarding beautiful. pristine unopened white rolls for the next shortage when I'll cash out then pave my driveway with crushed Ford GT-40s in their Le Mans livery so none can contend I lack patrician taste) while a bidet wastes good hardware I could use for bike parts rinsing.

The flies will get it eventually (the larger bits just fall off when the hair breaks, picture a brown sea urchin) and being from New Jersey my shit doesn't stink. YMMV.
          Last edited by farmall; 09-04-2022, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• Revelator
            • Aug 2009

Farmal are you suggesting that I did not write that thread post myself ?
            & have no knowledge of what I posted?
            If so then You are Absolutely INCORRECT.
            I wrote every word you silly kid.
            I have been following the real rulers of this world for a long time
            & understand most of what they are doing behind the scenes to shape the planet
            to their desired goal, & anyone who does not see the writing on the
            wall at this point is a blind man in the dark.
            that steel plant is going away do to destructive policies & not by incompetence or
            other reasons. and that steel plant is just one of countless other businesses
            going under in an effort to basically gut the United States .

the destruction of America's infrastructure & foundation is being destroyed
            intentionally to usher in a new totalitarian state of total control.
            Get ready for a future that includes a dystopian digital currency, increased
            inflation, food shortages, homelessness, business closures, & high mortality
            rates of the population, All by design.
            If I was part of an elite group of ultra wealthy individuals that wanted to gain
            control of the planet by implementing a new "System" of Control & Redirection,
            I would implement every policy or idea that contributes to the
            crushing of the "old system" in order to usher in the New System.
            That is what is going on & has been going on for decades.
            the final stages of a tyrannical plan are unfolding at a break neck speed.
            take a good look at China & one will get a glimpse of where the rulers are
            taking America.
            Australia & Canada are almost there, They are about whipped at this point &
            America is moving along the same path.

Comment

• Revelator
              • Aug 2009

I will admit that farmall is correct in his assessment that many American workers are
              essentially a disaster when compared to other countries.
              But the biggest obstacles I see in running any successful business in the
              USA (especially in fascist like states such as california)
              Are Over taxation, high employee cost due to American workers being taxed
              to death & need to have a high salary just to overcome the high taxes.
              Add massive inflation on virtually everything, & You have a recipe for disaster.
              Also many companies get ridiculous fines & fees from numerous regulatory agencies
              for non compliance of their draconian rules and policies
              that they set.

Also. I agree with farmall's mention that the military industrial complex is
              or was a big factor in bringing the USA to the top.
              that is changing. America is being gutted to
              bring in a new "Global" system.

take a good look at the World Economic Forum. Dig deep into their
              very extensive web sight & the blueprint is all there.
              a blueprint for massive tyranny & over reach
              to crash the old system & bring in the
              new system (of control).

And the average American is clueless, blind, or they just don't
              want to see it. or they are an internet shill,
              Are you one farmall?
              If anyone thinks things are going to get better in the good old USA
              They are living a life of Illusion!
              Placing another puppet in the white house isn't going to do jack, & that
              includes the deceptive trump puppet preaching about
              how He is going to make it all great again.
              good luck with that!
              Last edited by Revelator; 09-04-2022, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• farmall
                • Apr 2013

that steel plant is going away do to destructive policies & not by incompetence or
                other reasons. and that steel plant is just one of countless other businesses
                going under in an effort to basically gut the United States .
                Which ones and why aren't they taking out competitive businesses? The steel industry is global and exhaustively documented by and for investors.

Why would that business make sense in 2022 Portland and what modern worker with actual choices (who isn't already a dedicated gearhead with that motive which isn't money) want to work in an old foundry if they have a choice? The point of employment is money not martyrdom and modern workers change jobs often to get more money. Dying in harness made sense in more static economies long ago but growth offers better opportunities so workers take them.

I addressed the SPECIFICS of the Portland situation which is common. Urban development in the Industrial Revolution through the founding 121 years ago follows patterns. For example NYC (I grew up next door in NJ) real estate became too valuable for the old urban manufacturing outfits and pollution did the city no favors. Office workers came to the city to escape manual labor not do more of same and accomplished the typical goal of living in the burbs while pushing nice clean paper, for example my father who did management consulting and retired early.

There's a shitload of money in urban jobs but they're not for Bubba and LaQueefa who slept through high school so they should live somewhere else or consider adult education if they can read. America is a competitive workplace and Cthulhu take the hindmost.

Portland home ownership is ~52 percent with buyers pushing average home cost to ~460K. That ain't poverty by a long shot.

Portland is more expensive than the national average making it a great place to attract tech talent so it does. Their incomes are taxed the same as manly smokestack industry incomes. There is no "disaster" in Portland but plenty of prosperity and growth so attracting workers to unpleasant physically demanding jobs is difficult. Not only does Portland not need smokestack industries (best located in greenfield sites in lower wage ecologically expendable locations which the old mills were when they were built, Portland grew around that one) but tech firms move enormous amounts of money. Staff shortages at the bottom end are common because who in their right mind doesn't like money? Construction is strong. Semiconductors (hint, modern!) are booming because US engineering and the skilled West Coast workforces are so competitive. (My sisters duplex in Portland is appreciating delightfully. She regrets not buying years earlier since the note is pocket change compared to the reasonable (she likes her tenant and good tenants are worth keeping because bad ones make landlord life horrid.)

High-technology is a pillar of Oregon’s economy. Overall it accounts for about 5% of statewide jobs, but due to its higher productivity and pay, the sector is 11% of overall wages paid and 11…

In what alternate universe to real people need another job to cover taxes for survival? All your complaints are non-specific and you couldn't be arsed to link direct support. Please try again but do a better job. Debate is fun and the burden of proof (onus probandi) is on debaters making an assertion. Assertions absent support aren't proof.

I expect the usual recession (they're normal corrections under capitalism) and billionaires with solid track records agree since the economy is currently running warm but those are for taking advantage so I and others do. There were plenty before that one and even the Great Depression wasn't a world-breaker. Recessions are easy to weather if one plans for it and wars are temporary.
                Putin thoughtfully punching Europe in the nuts for unwisely depending on its existential cultural enemy for energy (no small thanks to former Warsaw Pact commies who took their good old boy network into resource extraction, the only thing what's left of the Russian empire has going for it) is a net gain driving independent energy (from coal to nuclear and wind, they all work in their niches) which is booming. Oil and gas require slavery to the worst systems in history (Russia and our reporter chopping superstitionist nutjobs in the Gulf) so best to get the pain over with and cut the cord down to production feedstocks and systems not currently practical to replace.

It's great for US energy exports but we still lack export terminals having seven at present. (Many have been approved but that much welding and fab is an enormous task. It's also great for good paying long contract construction jobs.)

Competents have their shit together and it shows in disposable income stats and vehicle sales even with the chip shortage. Real people have money to spend including back ordering trucks, Teslas and other popular toys. If the sky is falling there's no evidence in the auto industry.

Disposable Personal Income in the United States increased to 20709.27 USD Billion in February from 20658.94 USD Billion in January of 2024. This page provides - United States Disposable Personal Income - actual values, historical data, forecast, chart, statistics, economic calendar and news.

Who is legit poor in the US AND reasonably employable in 20922? Most working age poor folks are unintelligent, lazy, proud of their angry ignorance and suck at coping with life because they have fool's personal priorities. The determined poor like my folks may come from poverty but they don't stay poor. The slugs aren't humans anyone worth a damn has reason to care about. The US is so immensely wealthy the rich (who pay most of the taxes) can continue to buy them off so they shut up. I've had it with poors snivelling when they should live entirely different lives seeking education, self-improvement and economic advantage. Those too stupid to handle life should kill themselves and quit wasting my oxygen.

The US poverty rate is about 11 percent and after considering the "inevitably poor" (physical cripples, mentally ill, elderly, chronically ill and/or injured) who cannot perform a job is modest. Most Americans are very well off by global comparison.

A fascinating little paper from the Brookings Institution looking at different ways of measuring poverty and then using these different methods to compare US to the accepted global standards used to describe poverty. The end result of all of this is that if we measure poverty in the US the [...]

Labor shortage (which may last decades) exerts more upward pressure on compensation. Employers lie like mad (see the trucking industry complaining about lack of drivers while running them to exhaustion via shit scheduling driving many out of the business) but will have to pay to play so they grudgingly do. The US workforce is aging out in many areas leaving skilled jobs unfilled, often by my age group who don't need the hassle but hung around for toy money.

Even the Rust Belt has labor shortages:

Demographic trends, accelerated by the pandemic, show that businesses are going to have to look to technology to solve the long-term problem.

Raytheon alone needs five thousand engineers. Those are very good jobs and secure because tech tend to filter most morons:

Labor shortfalls rooted in the lingering effects of the COVID-19 pandemic remain a millstone around the neck of the defense industry, forcing firms to juggle staff, hold job fairs and find workarounds to keep operations running as smoothly as possible.

Raytheon’s chief executive, Greg Hayes, told investors this week the company was caught flat footed when workers who had been temporarily laid off at the start of the year didn’t return at the expected rate. Typically, 75% of workers would have come back; this time, only 25% did, he said.

“The only thing that’s going to solve labor availability — I hate to say this — is a slowdown in the economy because right now there just simply aren’t enough people in the workforce for all of our suppliers,” said Hayes, who called labor woes “a hill to climb” for the company.

Though Raytheon says it is raking in contract awards, on-time fulfillment of those contracts could be a challenge as lead times among its suppliers are doubling or tripling. That’s due to shortages of materials and skilled workers; Raytheon itself had planned to hire 2,000 engineers this year, but due to attrition, it has to hire 5,000, Hayes said.

Defying anxiety about a possible recession and raging inflation, America’s employers added 528,000 jobs last month, restoring all the jobs lost in the coronavirus recession. Unemployment fell to 3.5%, the lowest rate since the pandemic struck in early 2020.
                Fearmongering and apocalyptic frothing hold special places in christian cultures whose social controls are based on instilled idea of collective guilt. The US being a historic dumping ground for the Crown was always vulnerable. (Slick move by the Crown offshoring its own bottom feeders though.) The mechanics of how that works and why it's so profitable (infotainment outfits have nothing BUT ulterior motives which is why they got rich putting eyes on adverts) are best for another thread.
                Last edited by farmall; 09-04-2022, 2:15 PM.

Comment

• CDeeZ
                  • Oct 2019

Originally posted by farmall
                  Who is legit poor in the US AND reasonably employable in 20922? Most working age poor folks are unintelligent, lazy, proud of their angry ignorance and suck at coping with life because they have fool's personal priorities. The determined poor like my folks may come from poverty but they don't stay poor.
                  I agree with most everything you said. however I am a little reluctant to fully embrace the notion that people always pull themselves up by their bootstraps viewpoint. I think capitalism and the system will always favor the wealthy elites disproportionately, and award them as such. But, I agree with you overall. I can even attest from my own personal anectdotal experience that what you say above is largely true in many respects.

The US being a historic dumping ground for the Crown was always vulnerable. (Slick move by the Crown offshoring its own bottom feeders though.) The mechanics of how that works and why it's so profitable (infotainment outfits have nothing BUT ulterior motives which is why they got rich putting eyes on adverts) are best for another thread.
                  This is interesting. Would you please elaborate?

Comment

• farmall
                    • Apr 2013

The Crown needed to dump excess people to reduce crowding and used the empire (not just North America, Australia https://www.nma.gov.au/defining-mome...ortation-peaks is a famous former penal colony) to do it. Without an Empire to exploit the home islands would have been weak and vulnerable and empires needed a shitload of disposable labor. They're also handy for dumping dissenters of competing superstitions. Religionist colonists were looking for power not freedom which is not the same thing which is why highly religious societies are rarely "free" in the biker sense. The Crown needed varieties of serf (indentured servants, chattel slaves and the working class free men whose labor was devalued by serf and slave competitors) kept docile by promise of heavenly reward since their real lives were Hobbesian horrors.

The combination of people the Crown didn't just want gone but needed working plantations to sustain the empire (always at war somewhere and whose home economy required foreign resource extraction and critical products like cotton and wood) ensured the least educated and the most rustic simples (those who have nothing are vulnerable to anything and preachin' was important for entertainment and social bonding, see Muslim backwaters for similar examples) were sent. "Transportation" to the colonies was a frequent punishment.

The uneducated (in the 1700s sense when education was voluntary for the upper classes in a world of manual labor by expendable plebs) are easy to fool so they're easy to rule. All poor men have is their pride so appeal to that and they identify with your ideology up to dying for it (see Russia present and past for a culture which has nothing else to offer).

Not many people know that between 1718 and 1775 over 52,000 convicts were transported from the British Isles to America, mainly to Maryland and Virginia, to be sold as slaves to the highest bidder. It is reckoned that transported convicts made up a quarter of the British immigrants to colonial America in the 18th century.

Before the Transportation Act of 1718, criminals either escaped with just a whipping or a branding. They were then released back onto the streets to commit more crimes. Or they were hanged. Because the jails were not intended for long-term incarceration, there was nothing in between.

After the passing of the Act, transportation became the main punishment at the courts’ disposal. From May 1718 to the outbreak of the American War of Independence in 1775, over 70 per cent of those who were found guilty at the Old Bailey were sentenced to be transported, compared with less than one per cent in the period from 1700 to March 1718.
                    Aristocracy relies on manufacturing consent of the governed, religious/social identity affirmations is how they do it and the new Colonial aristocracies north and south used it wisely. Intellectually vulnerable populations were once steered by pamphlets and street speakers with little reach. Today target populations pay for their own manipulation by rewarded their media manipulators with valuable eyeballs. Naive audiences fail to dissect everything they are offered. They assume the "me love you long time" is real (Lindsey Graham and Jim Clyburn in SC give their peoples the entertainment they want without doing much else) and reward them with power. They're easily chumped by media who get rich conning them. Affirmative media (right and left make no difference) groom them to resist ALL outside criticism of their precious leaders and beliefs.

Simple people are only able to see good guys and bad guys because they so desperately want to be on whatever the "good" side is. That makes manipulating them easy via social issues they think they understand while the money (affected by legislation only the lawyers and bankers who write it understand) flows into the right pockets and government (only government can sometimes stand between people and a Russian style kleptocracy) is constantly attacked and vilified.

Follow the money because wallets don't lie even when they subsidize lies, and study all resources on important subjects because most people invested in affirming your beliefs are not you friends. The truly rich don't care about anyone lesser (hard to blame them really) but care very much about owning America and Europe which they do. William Randolph Hearst and Rupert Murdoch are old and new examples of brilliantly manipulative media moguls. Examine how they changed history.
                    Last edited by farmall; 09-08-2022, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• CDeeZ
                      • Oct 2019

Interesting stuff here farmall. Heavy lifting no doubt.

Comment

• Peterson13
                        • Dec 2009

Farmall, Thanks for your well thought out and well written replies. You're obviously a man who thinks for himself.

Comment

• datadavid
                          • Oct 2014

Wiping is a waste of precious paper and effort (vs. hoarding beautiful. pristine unopened white rolls for the next shortage when I'll cash out then pave my driveway with crushed Ford GT-40s in their Le Mans livery so none can contend I lack patrician taste) while a bidet wastes good hardware I could use for bike parts rinsing.

The flies will get it eventually (the larger bits just fall off when the hair breaks, picture a brown sea urchin) and being from New Jersey my shit doesn't stink. YMMV.
                          Thats the way to do it. I just flush my sphincter with the garden hose out on the lawn, cant stand the eventual wipe and miss. Especially after burritos. My lawn is always green and pretty and my elderly neighbor cant really tell what I'm doing over here anyway. Thank god for old eyes.

Comment

• farmall
                            • Apr 2013

cant stand the eventual wipe and miss. Especially after burritos.
                            That's why I just switched to kittens as the fur is so absorbent. I have a fresh batch of rescues declawed for a ready supply.

They're self-cleaning but tend to clog the toilet so keep a plunger handy.
                            Last edited by farmall; 09-17-2022, 8:53 PM.

Comment

• rockman96
                              • May 2018

That's why I just switched to kittens instead of paper. I have a fresh batch of rescues declawed for a ready supply.

They're self-cleaning but tend to clog the toilet so keep a plunger handy.
                              ... Rabbits work well also (just ask the bear), but same issues you've seen with the kittens.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;