CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default Yuasa YTZ14S Battery

Has anyone used a Yuasa YTZ14S battery (230 CCA, 11.2 amp hrs) as a replacement for the Antigravity lithium battery? I know the Yuasa is not a lithium battery but I need a small battery since I have the Lowbrow oil tank which I believe was designed to hold the Antigravity battery. I have a 1200 cc Sportster chopper I'm putting together and I don't feel like taking a chance with the Antigravity leaking / exploding! My main concern is the cranking power of the Yuasa. Is 230 CCA enough to start the 1200 cc which has bolt in SE cams?
    Last edited by jigoe007; 08-21-2022 at 7:55 AM.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Yuasa YTZ14S battery
    6 in. x 3 7⁄16 in. x 4 3⁄8 in.

List of MotoBatt batteries filtered to those dimensions as options:

https://www.motobatt.us/products/bat...hes=2.80to5.99

Could also wire two small batteries in parallel to keep the same 12V while having the full CCA of both batteries together.

I think I'll have my welder put a battery box / tray under the oil tank. There's a lot of space there!

Get Adobe Flash player

Battery boxes need to be rubber mounted on H-Ds or the batteries won't last long.

Jim

Get Adobe Flash player

Truth. Cushion that mount or spend lots of money on batteries. Take time to make the battery as easy to remove and install as possible and leave room somewhere for jumper cable access. Stock HD battery box designs tend to suck so a choppa is a chance to get creative and make life easy on yourself over the many battery R&Is over the life of the bike.

All-metal lock nuts (with anti-seize) are a good idea. So is making your own starter cables using light gauge welding cable (nominal OD of bike battery bolts is 1/4"). Electrical supply houses are good for whatever lugs the welding supply doesn't stock.

I'm going to give it a try with the Antigravity battery.. I heard back from Throttle Addiction and they pointed out that the oil bag / tank is not completely enclosed so the battery should get sufficient cooling.. They haven't had any problems..

Share This