Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pete808
    • Apr 2017

21 inch star hub spoke question

I have a star hub and a 21 inch rim that I want to lace up, anyone know if I need to buy a specific set of spokes depending on the rim or anything or will any 21 inch spokes work? thanks
  • JBinNC
    • Dec 2018

It definitely depends on the rim and the hub.

For 21" rims, you have steel rims in the English style, or the drop center rims that H-D has been using since the '80s. And then you have aluminum rims of various manufacturers. All of these rims MAY require different length spokes, and the difference may only be 1/4" or so.

One trick you can use if the spokes you have prove to be a little short, is to lace the rim crossing 3 instead of crossing 4.

You may have to experiment with it.

Jim

Comment

• pete808
      • Apr 2017

Originally posted by JBinNC
      It definitely depends on the rim and the hub.

For 21" rims, you have steel rims in the English style, or the drop center rims that H-D has been using since the '80s. And then you have aluminum rims of various manufacturers. All of these rims MAY require different length spokes, and the difference may only be 1/4" or so.

One trick you can use if the spokes you have prove to be a little short, is to lace the rim crossing 3 instead of crossing 4.

You may have to experiment with it.

Jim
      Great thanks. The rim I am using is a drop center wheel off of my 1992 FXLR.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
      Working...
      ;