CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
  1. #1
    Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    88

    Default homemade parts. lets see them

    metal or what not.
    curious to see what people make in their shed/shop/garage.
    I have no lathe but I've made some leather stuff. (I'm aware there is a leather thread)

    carhartt sissy bar bag and leather grips.


  2. #2

    Default

    There was another thread like this that died on the side of the road


  3. #3
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,758

    Default

    Top engine mount for my '74 Norton 850 rigid long chop. 1/4" 6061 aluminum, cut with hacksaw and filed by hand

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Comando head steady, aluminum, 20211214.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	296.9 KB 
ID:	108856

  4. #4
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,758

    Default

    Stepped steering stops for P&P girder on Norton chop, from 1/2" drive 9/16" socket...no lathe, so improvise, precise to the 0.001" by finish filing:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stepped spacer, socket on drill, grinder disc.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	296.1 KB 
ID:	108857
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stepped spacer, one of each, close, craftsman, on vice.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	292.8 KB 
ID:	108858
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stepped spacers, both done, craftsman,on vice..jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	288.6 KB 
ID:	108859
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steering stops installed,with risers and bars.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	288.3 KB 
ID:	108860

  5. #5
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,835

    Default

    A piece of chrome Fire Truck exhaust stack.
    [url=https://postimages.org/][/url
    Some 1" aluminum plate

    A unique oil tank

    Dusty

  6. #6
    Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DustyDave View Post
    A piece of chrome Fire Truck exhaust stack.
    [url=https://postimages.org/][/url
    Some 1" aluminum plate

    A unique oil tank

    Dusty
    That's pretty cool, I like how that turned out.

  7. #7
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	80 chop 1.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	308.8 KB 
ID:	108901

    The whole foot clutch(pedal, shifter, bushings, etc etc) shift linkage and shift rod on the trans, the cheater peg behind the pedal, also the backing plate for the jiffy stand. Which the backing plate for the jiffy stand and the backing plate for the foot clutch are all the same piece.

    also made the mid control peg, the jockey shifter, and aluminum shift knob, sissy bar.
    Last edited by shovel625; 08-09-2022 at 6:16 AM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    422

    Default

    My daily ride is loaded with stuff I've made over the past 19+ years of riding it. Here are a few items that I already have pictures of.

    Mini turn signals. I have them front and back.






    Foot boards. There's a 1/4" aluminum plate under the diamond plate rubber (mud flap material), and a 1" x 1" aluminum bar supporting it underneath. I've been riding with them about 15 years now. I made everything, including the mounting bracket/plate.




    I never liked how short my clutch adjusting bolt was (top), it didn't allow enough range of adjustment. So I made a new one out of a vented socket bolt (bottom).




    And I make a wide range of leather bags. I currently have four on my daily ride that I made. I made the latch on this one from scratch.

    That grungy bag further underneath is long gone. Took too much of a beating over the years.


  9. #9

    Default

    Here's a couple of inlet manifolds I spun up. I turned up the runner first, then made the mount, pressed them together, turned the base and then polished them.
    I'd bought some Mikuni VMs to replace the BS38s, unfortunately, the carbs interfered with the petcocks, so I had to move the carbs back a little to clear the petcocks.
    I dropped one of the top caps breaking the brass adjuster, so turned up a couple of new ones with a knurled finger grip.
    Once finished I painted the carbs, cooked them in the oven for an hour at 200c and polished the top cap and float bowl.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails c.jpg   e.jpg   f.jpg   WIN_20220124_11_53_41_Pro.jpg   WIN_20220207_14_29_08_Pro.jpg  


Share This



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in