CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default A Chinese Sportster?

saw this:
    Shineray builds a familiar-looking V-twin
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shineray-v1200-3-1068x600.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	108849
    A Chinese motorcycle manufacturer has apparently cloned a Harley-Davidson, or at least, cloned a Harley-Davidson engine.

The engine in question is the product of Shineray, an absolutely massive giant of the Chinese moto industry which not only builds bikes under its own name, but also under other names...

Now, Shineray has built an air-cooled 45-degree V-twin that looks like it would match right up against an Evolution Sportster engine. Itís not superficially identical, but all the right bits are in all the right places, and it even has a pushrod-actuated top end, just like the old-school Sportsters did. It has 1200cc capacity, just like a big-bore Evolution Sportster...

The engine debuts at an interesting time. Harley-Davidson appears ready to axe the old air-cooled Sportster engine; indeed, it is already unavailable in some markets due to emissions regs..."

https://youtu.be/EJ8eAX-M5Ro

https://www.advrider.com/a-chinese-sportster/

Over half the aftermarket parts are chinese made, so why not? If you havent seen them, they have been making SS E carb clones for a couple of years now

Would one consider Indians clones?

China could make an exact clone, and we wouldnt do shit about it...............

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by docmel View Post
    Over half the aftermarket parts are chinese made, so why not? If you havent seen them, they have been making SS E carb clones for a couple of years now

Would one consider Indians clones?

China could make an exact clone, and we wouldnt do shit about it...............
    I bought one, only it was a Bendix type carb for a Harley. No markings on it anywhere, but it worked and accepted OEM jets.

Get Adobe Flash player

copy the 117 and sell it cheap....................

So heres athought How many of you guys outhere are using chinese made parts on your builds?i

Get Adobe Flash player

i try not to. if it was for a japense bike sure.
    but i want something made of metal and from whats left of my country.
    alot of places like lowbrow and tc bros repackage foreign stuff.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by docmel View Post
    So heres athought How many of you guys outhere are using chinese made parts on your builds?i
    Only foreign made parts on El Indio are the pistons and mirror which are Chinesey. The way the Chinesey pistons are holding up. I'm gonna have to do something else. Always had good service from Carpenters Cushman pistons then they started being Chinesey and too soft to last. Hate to get setup but may cut my own from billet. But that is way cheaper the $600 up American mfg. want.

Share This