Petcock without Reserve? (Bayonet Style)

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Clarkkk
    • Jan 2022

Petcock without Reserve? (Bayonet Style)

Thinkin about getting a frisco mount tank from lowbrow but it seems that the Bayonet style is meant for only on/off and no reserve. is this true? If so how do you go around that? Carrying a fuel bottle? Seems annoying.
    I rely on my reserve to let me know when to fill up. What do yall do!
  • TriNortchopz
    • Dec 2017

Could just get a different one with a reserve option... typically I just look in the tank...

what about a sight glass on your tank?

Click image for larger version

Name:	gas tank sight glass, billet proof designs, flush mount.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	1322638

Name:	gas tank sight glass, billet proof designs, barrel style.jpg
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	1322639

Name:	gas tank Billet-Proof-Hose-Style-External-Fuel-Gauge-for-Gas-Tank---Clear-Hose-with-Flush-Mount-.jpg
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	1322640

Get that old school look on your motorcycle with a sight glass or hose style gauge for your gas tank. Oil & gas gauges sold here at Billet Proof Designs.
    If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• docmel
      • May 2015

Originally posted by TriNortchopz
      Could just get a different one with a reserve option... typically I just look in the tank...

what about a sight glass on your tank?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]108761[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]108762[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]108763[/ATTACH]

https://www.billetproofdesign.com/mo...-tanks/gauges/

Looking in the tank or a glass type guage wont help when you just run out. A quick look to see if you are low is a crap shoot

Nothing worse than that nagging "Am I getting low on gas" feeling. And even worse when you have to leave your sled on the side of the road while searching for gas or a ride

You need a reserve. When you putter out of gas, you know you have reserve to get you to a pump.

Sorry, the whole side mounted level gauge was a cool looking mod, not a practical one

Comment

• rockman96
        • May 2018

Originally posted by docmel
        And even worse when you have to leave your sled on the side of the road while searching for gas or a ride
        I'd never leave my bike on the side of the road... If you run out or break down, start pushing while you wait for someone to stop or come. NEVER abandon your bike, especially in these days of cell phones.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;