Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pdriskill10
    • Jan 2014

Wiring help!

Has anyone wired a kick only shovelhead, electric ignition, with a fuse block?

Or if anyone thinks they can help. I can’t find much online and the key switch is where I am getting lost the most.

If anyone could help that would be sick!

Thanks y’all
  • JBinNC
    • Dec 2018

Use the factory wiring diagram, found in the factory repair manual. Just delete the circuits you don't need, electric start, turn lamps, indicator lamps, etc.

The factory knew what they were doing when they designed it. Use what they did as your guide.

Jim

Comment

• TriNortchopz
      • Dec 2017

you got an aftermarket ignition switch? If so, is it marked with BATT, IGN and ACC terminals or more?
      Got a pic of it?
      Got a multimeter to test voltage, resistance and continuity? That would be helpful if not.
      Which electronic ignition do you have?
      If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• farmall
        • Apr 2013

Fuse blocks are only good for replacing glass fuses on lesser machines. HD using thermal circuit breakers (also used on commercial trucks) was a major quality upgrade over fuses. You can also get blade style thermal breakers (Littelfuse, Bussman) to fit blade fuse blocks.

Fuses are shit used because they're cheap. They have zero advantage over thermal breakers especially if you get an intermittent fault on the road and don't have spares with you. There is no reason to want to use them but folks don't know better.

Comment

• docmel
          • May 2015

More info: Running alternator or genny? What type of elec ignition? I have a few simple diagrams but I aint sending all of them: Be more specific. And like said, dont use a fuse block or fuses. Simple thermal/circuit breaker, as mentioned, is the way to go

Comment

• TriNortchopz
            • Dec 2017

Basic wiring diagram, from Prof, at The Chopper Shed, Choppers Australia

Click image for larger version

Name:	wiring,basic diagram,CA.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	1322615
            If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;