Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AlexWS
    • Apr 2019

2003 exhaust on a 2004 rigid frame?

I'm hardtailing my 2004 Sportster with the TC Bros weld on kit, I'll be running hard solid motor mounts and a 2003 rear master cylinder.

Obviously it'll get custom exhaust mounts, but is there any reason why I couldn't use an exhaust meant for an 86-03 from someone like Paughco?
  • rabies
    • May 2019

same angles and such. its just where it mounts at the frame but sounds like you have that part figured out.

Comment

• AlexWS
      • Apr 2019

Originally posted by rabies
      same angles and such. its just where it mounts at the frame but sounds like you have that part figured out.
      Awesome, that's what I was already thinking but it's nice to have some confirmation

Comment

• dankmelater
        • Jul 2019

not my personal experience, but a buddy tried a stock 86-03 exhaust on a 04+ sporty and it didn't clear the heads. 04+ head/jug fins are a bit wider. there's a ton of aftermarket setups that can fit both generation evo sportsters, main issue with clearance was just with using stock pipes.

that plus like others mentioned, you'll have to fab something for the exhaust supports since that won't line up.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;