CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default bigger rear wheel question

92 xlh. swingarm.

anyone run a bigger wheel? i have a 16" i kind of want a bigger wheel to match the front (19") i dont think 19 would fit in the swingarm though. just throwing out the question. google brings up only tire info.
    I'm aware tire size will change but not asking about a bigger tire or wider tire.

Get Adobe Flash player

You could easily do an 18" rim and 4.0018, or 4.5018, and that will fit easily, as the diameter of those tires is similar to the 16" tire you have now. You could also do a 3.518" rim and a 13018 tire, and that would also be similar in diameter and width as the tire you have now.

Check tire availability before you order a rim. Start with the tire you want and work backwards. No fun to spring for a cool new wheel, and then find out there are no tires for it that will fit your bike.

Jim

Get Adobe Flash player

Jim, thank you again.

Get Adobe Flash player

Thread: my conversion to 19'' rims front and rear

1992 xl883...
    "Yeah, it will fit...The 19'' rear tire is only about 1.9'' taller than the stock 16''. (it looks like more in the picture, but its 1.9'') Also, only half of that length will be on either side of the wheel, so I'll have plenty of room in the front for frame and swingarm clearance too."

"There is no 'adapter kit'. The 19'' rim is laced to a stock sportster rear hub so everything fit just fine."

"The Avon Speedmasters ride and handle about as well as the stock Harley Dunlops. The grip and stability seems about the same in dry conditions, It feels hooked up even if i really lay it into a turn while on the gas... The dual 19''s dont seem to change how the bike handles. Going form a 16'' rear wheel to a 19'' rear wheel did lower my crusing revs by about 500 RPM and did not amke it noticeably slower off the line. I would definately do this mod again."
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG1424.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	148.7 KB 
ID:	108664
    http://xlforum.net/forums/archive/in...t-1014477.html

Share This