Click image for larger version

Name:	20775081-8EC4-4407-898F-28F85EFEA450.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	1347860Click image for larger version

Name:	95013BD6-579A-4DB0-B9E7-6782F6859510.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	1347859Today I decided to change out the fork oil in my 50 pan. The factory manual was entertaining with the instructions on how to build a device to refill the forks. I watched some YouTube videos with guys using turkey basters and pumping the shit out of the forks all night long. So I found an old fork cap in the shop, drilled it out then tapped it with a fitting on the top with a 90 in it cause that’s what was laying around. attached a ounce measurement cup and hose to the fitting. 6.5 oz of fluid then Zip tied the measuring cup to my windshield then pumped the forks half a dozen times while waiting a few sips a Pabst. Worked great, no mess. Maybe this fitting has been posted before but thought I’d share what worked for me. Cheers fellas
  • docmel
    • May 2015

Originally posted by Sameshit62
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]108593[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]108592[/ATTACH]Today I decided to change out the fork oil in my 50 pan. The factory manual was entertaining with the instructions on how to build a device to refill the forks. I watched some YouTube videos with guys using turkey basters and pumping the shit out of the forks all night long. So I found an old fork cap in the shop, drilled it out then tapped it with a fitting on the top with a 90 in it cause that’s what was laying around. attached a ounce measurement cup and hose to the fitting. 6.5 oz of fluid then Zip tied the measuring cup to my windshield then pumped the forks half a dozen times while waiting a few sips a Pabst. Worked great, no mess. Maybe this fitting has been posted before but thought I’d share what worked for me. Cheers fellas
    I used a large zerk fitting back in the day in the same manner you are using that fitting: The zerk I used had ball bearing type spring loaded valve inside that really simplified filling: A little less obtrusive in appearance and had small rubber cap on the zerk head. I used a large syringe with a short hose to fill the fork

My question is doesnt air/fluid just go in/out of the fitting you have now?

Comment

• Sameshit62
      • Aug 2013

I’m using a long hose attached to the fitting. All the fluid just sits in the cup attached to the hose on the fitting. Then pump the forks and the air sucks it down

Comment

• docmel
        • May 2015

Sorry, I meant what keeps air/oil from shooting out of the fitting once you are done and riding?

Comment

• docmel
          • May 2015

??

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;