Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sincerelyscott
    • Jan 2022

1992 Sportster 883 WIRING KEEP IT SIMPLE ST00P!D

Hey guys so I’ve tried sifting through a few forums to find details on exactly what I need and I think I’m 90% there
    Been using the mutant wiring diagram as reference as well as some youtube videos (party on forever and lnspltbvld)
    I have a momentary key switch with 5 connectors, eliminated the handlebar controls (duh its a chopper), and replaced the front and rear lights and running only 2 breakers
    Keeping it super simplified no turn signals, no speedo, no nothin’
    I’ve got everything wired to what I guess is correct, I tried to not cut into the wiring thats coming up from the starter, and I’ve got some noise coming when the switch it cranked but no lights and the thing isn’t starting
    Any ideas? Thanks guys
  • docmel
    • May 2015

Originally posted by sincerelyscott
    Hey guys so I’ve tried sifting through a few forums to find details on exactly what I need and I think I’m 90% there
    Been using the mutant wiring diagram as reference as well as some youtube videos (party on forever and lnspltbvld)
    I have a momentary key switch with 5 connectors, eliminated the handlebar controls (duh its a chopper), and replaced the front and rear lights and running only 2 breakers
    Keeping it super simplified no turn signals, no speedo, no nothin’
    I’ve got everything wired to what I guess is correct, I tried to not cut into the wiring thats coming up from the starter, and I’ve got some noise coming when the switch it cranked but no lights and the thing isn’t starting
    Any ideas? Thanks guys
    Post your question in the sportster section and you will see that someone has already has answered your question

Comment

• sincerelyscott
      • Jan 2022

Originally posted by docmel
      Post your question in the sportster section and you will see that someone has already has answered your question
      Can you hit me with the link? I’m new here and have trouble searching for the right answers

Comment

• farmall
        • Apr 2013

Study and fully understand starter and ignition theory of operation, then verify with a meter or test light that power is applied where it should be at each switch position.

BTW if you don't already have a pushbutton starter solenoid end cover get one. They're cheap and bypass all external starter controls. Inspect solenoid contacts (cheap to replace) when swapping covers.

I’ve got some noise coming when the switch it cranked but no lights and the thing isn’t starting
        From what specific "switch"? Switches should not make noise. Always post with maximum clarity. You can connect one system at a time to your key switch to isolate problems. Do you have spark?

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;