CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default Classic primary vent Q

Pro wrenchers,

00 sporty (swingarm) chop (poser), just changed the oil and rode down to my buddies about 30mins away, then home with zero problems. 2 days later I went to ride to work and right when it started i noticed my rear cylinder exhaust manifold was smoking a little bit. Had no time to mess with it so i drove to work and played with it when i got home. Started it and eventually the smoke at the ex. manifold burned off but then started puking oil from the primary vent hose. I cut it and took some oil out of the tank, let it run again with the same results. Then repeated the process again. Each time i took oil out it spit less and less from the vent. I definitely had it overfilled but now with the bike standing level the oil level is perfectly in the middle of the dipstick. I cant tell whether the puking oil is from the primary or engine oil but since this wasnt a problem before the oil change im sure its from the engine. Oil is mobile 1 20/50 and filter is KN170. I'm hoping i just had too much in the bag and its leveling itself out but wanted to ask you guys before i try to let it run its course and end up screwing something up. But if it was just too full wouldnt it have pushed out of the oil tank or vent line immediately on my ride after the oil change? Did I push oil past the seal to the primary side?

My bet is the oil filter?

Is this the first time you used that specific make/model filter? Many oil filters have a anti drainback device that takes more PSI to open than our oil pumps can make. Just becuase a oil filter fits, doent mean it will work

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

KN-170 K&N Oil Filter

Anti Drain Back Valve: No

https://www.knfilters.com/kn-170-oil-filter

Regardless, if the only thing he changed was the oil filter, could be that. Can only guess at this piont

Hmmm 4 weeks since he posted his prob..........................

Share This