CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Thread: Battery for FLH

Default Battery for FLH

Is there anything out there to replace the old lawnmower type battery in an FLH I'm tired of buying a new battery every 2 years

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

You mean the standard lead acid OEM type? Yep, plenty of choice. BTW, 2 years ain't a long time...You leave the bike for long periods with the battery on board?

Get Adobe Flash player

For my FLH, I made a battery tray to hold an FXE battery at the outside rear corner of the stock battery box. A little padding on top, and the original battery covers fit right on it. The only visual difference is that the positive post connection and main breaker are now inside the covers. Now I have a choice of several good, modern, sealed, AGM batteries and they have plenty of power for an old FL. Do it and axe that old lawn tractor battery forever.

Jim

Get Adobe Flash player

Well I went out and got me one of those new fangled lithium ion batteries (Antigravity 16 cell) thing weighs like 3lbs. hasn't failed me yet seems to turn over my old 88 FLH with no problems, and so small you can mount it just about anywhere.
    Last edited by 7and7is; 05-08-2021 at 9:47 PM.

Share This