CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default Minimal front brake

Hi, guys Iím currently building a modern triumph chop and Iím going for a very minimal look but trying to keep the front brake and clutch as hand controls Iím looking for some minimal front brake options but all the ones Iíve come across have all been for 7/8 bars not 1Ē also not trying to break the bank any suggestions would be good. Iíll attach some images of what Iíve been looking at.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0F8E43EB-11CC-4258-8950-0E67087D937C.jpg   0CABED2B-A023-4CC9-A2B3-12346C3A522F.jpg  

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

a cable operated clutch lever to a remote master cylinder would be minimal on the bars.

I just stuck a rizoma reservoir on the stock nissin master and threw away the remote reservoir.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

I can post a pix of some examples, But on certain 1970s Asian bikes, usually small bore, (400cc & smaller) they had a cable operated disc brake. The brake rotors are stainless and you can drill the rotors to enhance their image a bit, but it is a good minimal look as people cant find the hydraulics because there is none. Just what looks like a drum brake lever and cable.
    Its a good look for springers and girders that cant handle a real stopper but useful for stop signs and intersections as well as fulfill a legal requirement for mandatory brakes (In some states its the law).

In reality, its NOT a real good stopper, (70% of all breaking is done by the front brake on a normal bike) But it might fit the bill for you if stopping is less important than looking cool and minimal... But as I said, I have used them on springers and girders, But I have 2 still sitting on parts bikes right now I set aside,,I can snap a picture..

Tcbros sells a nice set of hand controls for around 300 bucks. The reservoir is very small and has a vintage look to them. I have them and they are nice

Share This