CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default 35mm Showa axel compatibility

Looking for an axel that is compatible with a Showa front end I just picked up. One side of the slider measures 7/8 circumference. The other side measures 3/4. This Showa is the kind with axel caps on both sliders. I donít know the year nor have a part number which is why I am seeking guidance.

Any one know the part number to the axel I described. Or possibly the year this Showa was produced...

Thanks Iím advance.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

if narrow glide forks not wide, I would say any73-80 Shovelhead FX, FXS etc 3/4'' axle will do you,
    plenty on ebay for penny's, I don't think it matters if it's single or twin disc front end,
    Last edited by tzienlee; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:45 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Think the earlier FXRs had these front ends too, although if it's a FXR part someone will want stoopid money.

Get Adobe Flash player

Harley-Davidson Forks Types and How to Identify Them

Identifying which exact fork (front end) is on your Harley-Davidson motorcycle can be problematic. Especially with older bikes, many parts of motorcycle forks can be changed to different styles, or replaced with aftermarket parts.
    In this article we share photos and identifying characteristics for a variety of front ends found on Harleys.
    Use the photos below to help differentiate which front end you have on your Harley Big Twin or Sportster...

Harley-Davidson Fork Tube Diameter Chart by Year Ranges

1975-1986 Sportster & FX, FXE, FXR etc. (Showa) 35mm

After the 33.4mm forks the 35mm Kayaba forks were introduced, which featured a single disc brake, quite an improvement over the earlier drum brake.
    The Kayaba forks were only around a few years until the 35mm Showa forks became the stock front end found on Harley Sportsters and FX models.
    The 35mm Showa forks come in both single and dual disc brake versions.

35mm Showa Single Disc Brake Fork Identification Photos
    35mm Showa Dual Disc Brake Fork Identification Photos

https://www.lowbrowcustoms.com/blogs...-identify-them

Get Adobe Flash player

You need a 43871-73, for the single disc wheel, or 43883-77 or 43883-84 for the dual disc or later single disc wheel. Any of these will fit the Showa (or Kayaba) front end. The difference is in the length of the head of the axle.
    The Showa was introduced in '75 I believe.

Jim

Share This