CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Adding a different KICK pedal to BSA chopper.

Anyone add a different kick pedal to their BSA? I know the BSA has a spring/ball detent on the stock pedal,...but, is it possible that will work with a standard kicker pedal with slight modification? I bought a brass pedal for mine, but it's slightly thicker and a lot heavier and not sure the spring/ball will keep it stowed out of the way? It might be so tight in the arm that I won't have a problem keeping it up with the friction. Just curious if anyone else has done the same thing?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210223_141651_930.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	273.8 KB 
ID:	109797

Get Adobe Flash player

Sorry can't help. My '65 BSA rat chopper has the original like yours. Don't see why you couldn't though, although to me your bike is pretty perfect as is. Might wrap some brass over the rubber to give it the look you want. On another note I am wanting a chain tensioner and noticed your cool chrome one which clamps to the frame cross member.
    Make it or did you buy it and if so where from?

Get Adobe Flash player

Haven't, but that is a 1/4' ball with spring, factory replacement here:

https://www.classicbritishspares.com...-2364-ball-1-4

Is your spring strong? perhaps just need to make the detent in your new pedal a bit deeper if there is a problem with the original setup not holding the heavier pedal.

Get Adobe Flash player

Using HD kick pedals on British bikes is a very old mod. Match the new pedal to the old one (thickness can be ground or filed down if required, I've not done a BSA) ensure the spring has enough tension and it should do well. It may unfold now and then with a heavy pedal (I used the popsickle style pedals though their rubbers tend to slide off) but such is life.

BTW if spitting stock pedal rubbers was the (common) issue you want to correct it's easy to grind the end of a stock pedal then drill and tap for a bolt to hold a flat washer and secure bolt with Loctite.

Share This