CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default California cracking down on emissions?

Recently ive tried buying a number of different "emissions" related parts for my bike (new air cleaner/bracket/breather bolts/exhaust pipes, carb parts) from websites like lowbrow and JP cycles, and wasnt able to purchase. Luckily TC bros didnt have that issue (yet?), but wondering if anyone else has had issues like this? Is this all going to get worse? fuck Newsom man, and i dont even care about politics, but making it real hard for us chopper guys out here in CA.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

One of the youtube harley guys said he had the same problem in one of his videos.

He gets some items forwarded to him from another state as a workaround.

So, it appears to be a thing?

Get Adobe Flash player

PS: I heard once that Jessie James got hassled out there for leaving some emissions device off his bikes and they fined the living shit out of him for it.

He offered to do a recall to install it and they declined.. Just wanted the money and couldn't care less about the missing emissions equipment.

Sounds like a racket.

Get Adobe Flash player

And everything in California causes cancer too. I bought a carb spacer made of a single piece of aluminum, and it had the stupid California cancer warning on it.

Get Adobe Flash player

If hot rodders and bikers fail to lobby their state governments are guaranteed to shit all over them.

Organize and vote and make sure local politicians know about it. Eventually the hobby will be killed off because Americans are lazy. The glory days of ABATE fighting helmet laws and other bullshit were because traditional bikers ran those orgs and took no shit.

Serious people should probably keep an eye out for free states to live in with good vehicle (no inspections) and gun laws.

Get Adobe Flash player

Helmet Laws.. lol.

Kind of makes you wonder what happened to all the people chanting "My body, my choice!" Right?

I suspect a lack of Helmets costs insurance companies a lot of money.. And they lobby for them in the background.

Not to mention the contrarian types who can't sleep unless they're taking away some little freedom or small bit of happiness from someone, somewhere... Like it is their sole purpose for existing.

Get Adobe Flash player

PS: Maybe someone in the Bro section, who lives close, can forward to you?

Get Adobe Flash player

“The government you elect is the government you deserve.” - Thomas Jefferson

And if you choose to elect a “government big enough to give you everything that you want [you also elect (and deserve)] a government big enough to take away everything that you have.” - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson.

Vote accordingly.

Get Adobe Flash player

I wouldn't stress over it. Sure, if you get stopped and the cops want to be dicks then they can cite you for not having your bike in compliance with the vehicle code, like no emissions control system, or anything else they find, which is part of the reason I don't give cops attitude. But there's a big difference between that and say, requiring all bikes to get smog tested to register or renew registration. Last time I checked California still doesn't require bikes to get smog checks (I've been in California the past 51+ years). I just renewed my two bike registrations, and no mention of smog checks.

Some vendors simply don't know the laws here, aren't willing to take the time to research them, won't pay a lawyer to do it for them, and just believe what they've heard. And to avoid any perceived hassle they refuse to ship to CA. I've seen the same thing over the years with ammo, gun parts, and some knives.

Hell, Amazon wouldn't ship me oil filters. Fucking oil filters?! But I can buy the same filters at any auto parts store in the state.

There's another thread on the same topic from last Sept titled "Pipes in Ca" if you're interested.
    Last edited by EVILBLACKSABRE; 03-24-2021 at 2:35 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

I'm sure some, if not all of this has to do with prop 64....

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by TomK View Post
    And everything in California causes cancer too. I bought a carb spacer made of a single piece of aluminum, and it had the stupid California cancer warning on it.
    California has been Libtard Central for years and years, And they just keep
    going with their Over Regulation. & over the top Control.

Most spray paint cannot be Shipped to California, And definitely most Hotrod
    or speed equipment for automobiles & bikes.

I even got the dreaded "Cannot be Shipped to California" recently when I was
    attempting to purchase some chipawa boots online that are made in the USA.
    Maybe the glue they uses, causes Cancer?? WTF!
    Fuckin bullshit state, run by COMMIE Lib Tard Fanatics.
    These A holes are on a quest to eventually ban all gasoline vehicles by year 2050,
    And They are very quickly ramming down our throats, The United Nations Agenda 2030
    policies, With other States following Commiefornia.
    Last edited by Revelator; 03-27-2021 at 10:12 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

As with all things f tard, the f tards have beaten the "cancer" warning till it is just something people laugh at now.

If it ever was a useful warning and a net plus for public safety? It ain't no more..

It's just a lame punchline for late night comics at this point.

I'm trying to get my vin verified on my 74' frame. So the dude that's supposed to come out and do ask mClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20210526_173334.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	312.7 KB 
ID:	110970e if it has the emissions stickers on it. It doesn't and he says that he will submit the form but that they might reject it. He told me that any vehicles after 1968 needs the sticker. But according to the form it's says Motorcycles 1978 or newer need it. So is this guy wrong or what. I attached form. Line #9Click image for larger version. 

ID:	110970

Get Adobe Flash player

It will only get worse and sooner or later they'll go after every non-stock non-CARB approved old vehicle.

Texas, supposedly a bastion of freedom: https://www.hemmings.com/stories/201...es-legislature

CA will eventually crush its motor enthusiasts because they don't have the aggression to lobby to save their hobby. The generation who founded ABATE are mostly dead and in many states bikers rights groups turned into an excuse to party so they did little to recruit new and YOUNGER members. It's kind of like where veterans organization posts devolve into party spots before closing.

I expect foreign buyers will luck out since many of their countries won't have sufficient infrastructure for EVs for a hundred years. Europe is naturally authoritarian so they'll end ICE first but Russia would be silly to since it lives by resource extraction. Perhaps Moscow will have choppers longer than the US if in much smaller quantities.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by 75Ironhead2021 View Post
    I'm trying to get my vin verified on my 74' frame. So the dude that's supposed to come out and do ask mClick image for larger version. 

ID:	110970e if it has the emissions stickers on it. It doesn't and he says that he will submit the form but that they might reject it. He told me that any vehicles after 1968 needs the sticker. But according to the form it's says Motorcycles 1978 or newer need it. So is this guy wrong or what. I attached form. Line #9Click image for larger version. 

ID:	110970
    51 year resident of California here.

It has always been my understanding that bikes 1977 and older do NOT need emissions control systems (just like your form indicates). So it stands to reason they wouldn't need an emissions control sticker.

And according to the CA DMV website, 1975 and older bikes do not need a smog test to be registered. link- https://dmv.ca.gov/portal/vehicle-re...g-inspections/

It sounds like you got someone who doesn't know their job, or an asshole who just wants to fuck with you. My suggestion is to call the DMV until you find someone who knows the law.

Does your engine vin match the frame? If it doesn't, then I expect you will have problems.
    Last edited by EVILBLACKSABRE; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:03 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

the self serving libtards in commie fornia actually believe that they are going to save
    the planet by making everything illegal. these A Holes want everyone riding fkg bicycles, and
    the total illimitation of all gas powered vehicles by the year 2050.

these cunts are banning everything, I tried to buy some USA made chipewa boots online and sales are banned for commie fornians because you may catch cancer if you wear these boots.

most paint (that is worth a fuk) is also banned when ordering online.
    if this bull shit continues, the only thing you will be chopping is a fuking prius in gavin's commie fornia.

right now the controllers are prepping the slaves to accept a future void of meat made from farm animals no this is not a joke
    https://www.brighteon.com/d59ff31f-7...5-a8e7c16d4837

its all about zero carbon, and a global police state under UN control While You are being distracted by their fake plandemic

The plan is a global plan, pushed hard by the UN & the WEF And Commiefornia is at the forefront, leading the way in north america.
    Last edited by Revelator; 2 Weeks Ago at 9:51 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by confab View Post
    As with all things f tard, the f tards have beaten the "cancer" warning till it is just something people laugh at now.

If it ever was a useful warning and a net plus for public safety? It ain't no more..

It's just a lame punchline for late night comics at this point.

Really that is your take away? Smoking is at an all time low, why you ask, education. And some people need it spoon fed to them cause it is too hard to make a change.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBuggy View Post
    Really that is your take away?
    Yeah... That is REALLY my take away.

Smoking is at an all time low, why you ask, education. And some people need it spoon fed to them cause it is too hard to make a change.
    lol.. Whoopty shit?

The reference in post 11 to the, now ubiquitous, California Cancer warning, has absolutely NOTHING, WHATSOEVER, to do with smoking.

It is on bikinis.. It is on leather jackets.. It was on foods and Starbucks coffee and steering wheel covers. I could fill this page with absurd examples, if I was so inclined.

It is everywhere because a bunch of progressive morons have abused a measure (Prop 65) intended to protect residents from toxic drinking water and turned it into a global joke. The laughter it has inspired can probably be heard from Mars.

But I agree with you. Some people DO need "education" "spoon fed" to them because IGNORANCE is difficult to change.

Get Adobe Flash player

Does look like Cali has had it's head up it's arse for a while. Last time I went there I was struck with how much it had changed. I can't believe the land I dreamed about as a kid has turned into what it has.

Get Adobe Flash player

Oops misread the original post, thought it was the Con Man going on about warning labels on smokes, oh well. Yes Cali is an abnormal state overall. Funny thing is they were a republican state until the early 90's.

Share This