CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default Xl1200 running hot idles high

Hello first time using this forum. I have a xl1200
    ultima single fire ignition module s&s mini tear drop straight pipes cv stock carb never jetted I am going to this weekend. But itís running really hot and idling really high only when Iím riding and I come to a stop or down shift. No air leaks already checked. In need of advice/help.
    thank you!!

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

It sounds like you need to read up on the basics of tuning your carb...and not posting the same thing 4 times cluttering this forum :-)

Start here: http://www.harley-performance.com/ha...arburetor.html
    Last edited by james69; 02-16-2021 at 9:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by james69 View Post
    It sounds like you need to read up on the basics of tuning your carb...and not posting the same thing 4 times cluttering this forum :-)

Start here: http://www.harley-performance.com/ha...arburetor.html
    Didn’t mean to do that my first time posting kept giving me an error when I tried to post
    I’m going to tune this weekend I just didn’t think that would cause this issue. Thanks though.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Good chance you have a vacuum leak, whether you checked for it or not. It's a good idea to replace the intake manifold seals at the head when you have this sort of problem. Check the manifold for cracks while you have it off. Check the vacuum line(s) and the VOES and petcock (if equipped) as any of that can develop a vacuum leak. The MightyVac tester is handy for checking the components. And of course the ignition timing should be checked as well.

Jim

Share This