CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

thanks CDeeZ, I'm in Hawaii, not many UL riders out here. I think I have seen 1 or 2 others on the road. I am sure there are a couple more out here but mostly on the Big Island.

Quote Originally Posted by pete808 View Post
    thanks CDeeZ
    What for my good sir?

Quote Originally Posted by pete808 View Post
    I'm in Hawaii, not many UL riders out here. I think I have seen 1 or 2 others on the road. I am sure there are a couple more out here but mostly on the Big Island
    I don't know if I've ever seen in person another UL actually going down the road and I'm in the central contiguous! When I was up at Mama Tried last March, there were 2 or 3 ULs if I recall. And at least one of them didn't even run at the time.

Get Adobe Flash player

[QUOTE=CDeeZ;859755]What for my good sir]

You said my UL was a good looking bike, just saying thanks for the compliment

[QUOTE=pete808;859769]
    Quote Originally Posted by CDeeZ View Post
    What for my good sir]

You said my UL was a good looking bike, just saying thanks for the compliment
    Sorry, I'm a bit of a dumbass sometimes lmao. But yes, your UL is on point man.

Sorry to be tardy to the party,

I would absolutely LOVE to own and ride a 45 flathead. I am in South Jersey, and have seen plenty of guys riding around on them, and seen plenty of them in Cheap Thrills shows I've been to.

The only "bad" thing I've ever heard about them: I was out riding around and saw a guy and his flatty parked on the side of the road. I pulled over to see if he needed anything (not that I could provide too much support; I ride a 90's Sportster). He said something along the lines of "I think it got too hot, this is the first time I've brought it out since it got built." He didn't need anything just was waiting for it to cool off so he could get it back to the house around the corner. I went on my merry way. About an hour later he wasn't there anymore, so guess it wasn't too broke down.

I don't know much about them and have zero experience riding one. I've never owned or ridden one before, but would gladly buy one if the price was right and the opportunity presented itself.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by montuckymatt View Post
    I run an ebeyond 2000 electronic ignition. Bolts right into the timer. Appears oem except for an extra wire running to the coil. Nice thing is you can convert back to points roadside if you had to. I've got a few thousand trouble free miles on mine. Just set it and forget. I never thought I would run anything but points....I love this unit though
    Interesting. I'd not heard of that one so thanks for posting.

http://www.ebeyond2000.net/quickstart.html

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaRobert90 View Post
    The only "bad" thing I've ever heard about them "I think it got too hot, this is the first time I've brought it out since it got built." .
    I keep trying to share an image with Imgur which is what I've used for a few years to fulfill that task. But, it isn't working for some reason.

In the meantime, I wanted to share this image regarding the temps of an air cooled flatty. Post #3 has the image:

https://forum.sscycle.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13125

Reportedly from the 1942 Fort Knox Armored School Handbook

Point being is that yeah, they run kinda hot, and apparently are quite tough in that sense.
    Last edited by CDeeZ; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:59 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Thank you for the heads up on the electronic ignition Montuckymatt!
    Just got my first flathead and I am building a parts list. I am leaning towards a supercharger on my unit, and that ignition has huge advantages to hook into a Control unit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KIMG0043.JPG   KIMG0044.jpg  

Flatheads Forever!

Share This