CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default The Killers Resurrection - 2007 Yamaha Road Star

Long time no see guys, Kind of bought a house, got married and had a few kids over the last 5 years.

Here is a video to sum up my 2007 Yamaha Roadstar Build from 2013-2017
    My main build thread was on Roadstar Clinic but was lost in a website update.

I am currently making some adjustments to the tank / seat / pegs / wiring harness and maybe bars and rear fender (adding one)

Last edited by bnag0; 04-20-2022 at 1:11 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Trying to remove everything I no longer need from the harness.... I have another stock harness coming so i can use the correct wires to extend things. Most of the stuff will be going in a rear saddle bag on the left side of the bike. Once my new tank comes in I can work on some bracketry for the coils. Been avoiding cleaning this up for a long time.

Get Adobe Flash player

Working on adjusting height and location of pegs and seat... most likely switching to a padded seat.... dusting off my helmet lol

Get Adobe Flash player

My new 5 gallon should be showing up tomorrow....

Think I am going to pull the trigger on this seat....

https://www.biltwellinc.com/products...12961557807146

Get Adobe Flash player

I just don't think I can do a 5 gallon... even without the split, its just too big / different.
    I would rather carry 3 gallons of gas in a back pack

maybe ill give this 3.3 gallon a try...
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/194560809089

Think i am going to give this one a shot....

Get Adobe Flash player

Well I made some progress on the harness tonight. Tried to organize what I had left the best I could and figure out what I was going to have to extend or shorten up. I also went through another stock harness removing portions of it just in case I need something. Still a lot to do. Easily the least enjoyable portion of a build to me.

Get Adobe Flash player

​A little more progress on the harness.... I plan on buying a larger swing arm saddle bag for all the electrical but for now I am using what I have to lay everything out.

Get Adobe Flash player

Tank came in today. I am still in love with my original 2.2 gallon peanut style tank but this gets me another gallon of gas for those longer rides.

Get Adobe Flash player

Got some more wiring materials in... May have the harness wrapped up this weekend. I tried the Biltwell solo 2 seat but its less comfortable than my bare aluminum one. The padding is super stiff and there is a hump that hits me right in the gooch area lol.... was $120 and would cost me $50 to send it back -_- .... just going to hang onto it for a bit I guess. Also started to mess around with the rear fender.... she needs to be spread open a touch.

Get Adobe Flash player

-Cutting up the fender a bit
    -Shaking the dust off my welder... don't mind my dusty ass welds.
    -Made new Switch Plate
    -Quickly looking at Strut and sissy bar angle.

Get Adobe Flash player

​Still cleaning up the wiring but took a break and started to build a bracket for the coils.

Get Adobe Flash player

I for one am enjoying this build. I'm sure others are as well. Just wanted to say it.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by EVILBLACKSABRE View Post
    I for one am enjoying this build. I'm sure others are as well. Just wanted to say it.
    Glad someone is enjoying it! I enjoy sharing my travels, and hopefully giving someone else some ideas on their projects. Also appreciate any help / opinions you guys bring to the table!

My new saddle bag should be here Thursday. I would like to get the wiring wrapped up this weekend. Easily the least fun part for me.

After that its getting my rear fender fit in place. I am not an experienced welded so hopefully my mig welding doesn't look like total butt when done.

After that I am planning on making my own seat pan similar to a La Pera, covering it with foam and then having some upholster it for me..... Or possibly tackling that myself but zero experience there.

Get Adobe Flash player

Well sorry for the lag in updates guys. The in laws moved to Florida and I inherited a new air compressor and a few other items so I had to spend some time organizing some things.

Made some head way on my coil pack bracket and got the wiring more tidied up. only issue I ran into electrical wise is my turn signals no longer blink. I feel like this happened to me at some point before.

Get Adobe Flash player

I logged in just to say- DAAAAMMMNNN!!! That coil bracket is a pure work of art!

Beautiful work!

Get Adobe Flash player

lol thanks dude, I have a lot of hours to put in before my welds start looking nice but I can at least get some shit to stick together!

Get Adobe Flash player

Well I have the wiring 95% of the way.* Waiting on a few small things before I can say its complete. I really hope the turn signal relay and possibly resistor fix my not blinking turn signal issue. I at least got it mostly wrapped back up and looking decent.* What a pain this has been but man everything is nice and tidy now.* All of the bulky items are packed into the saddle bag.

Get Adobe Flash player

So I chanced my skills of welding on the tank tonight and I think it looks okay (At least its underneath the tank lol)* Now I just have to get some plugs and test for leaks.

Starting to think more about the fender and seat placement.* I plan on making a sissy bar so I will have bungs welded to the rear of the fender that the sissy bar will mount to.* I think the front portion of the fender where I will tie into the upper and lower part of the frame tubes will just end up being flat plates welded to the fender and frame with one being drilled and tapped and the other being slotted so I have some small adjustment on the fender placement.

The seat I am going for will be a rigid style seat that has to sit flush to the top of the wish bone portion of the frame.* This means I have to remove my old seat bungs and probably grind the oil tank mounts down a touch to achieve this. I plan on mounting the front of the seat to a hinge bracket and somehow bolting the rear down to the frame or maybe even the fender.* Not 100% sure yet.

​​​​​​​

Get Adobe Flash player

Tank has been holding water for a few hours, hopefully don't see any sign of a leak in the morning.

Got the old seat mounts removed and the oil tank mount adjusted to be flush with the frame rails and allow the new seat pan to sit flush.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by bnag0 View Post
    Tank has been holding water for a few hours, hopefully don't see any sign of a leak in the morning.
    Unfortunately gasoline is much thinner than water. About 12 pounds per square inch of air and check with soap suds is way better than water. but nothing is totally proof against gasolines ability to wick through a tiny flus seam or an even smaller cold lap.
    Dusty

Share This