CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    269

    Default Titled 1963 frame? What?

    I stumbled upon a German seller selling a titled 1963 duo glide frame. I thought Panheads had the motor titled, not the frame? I'm not American, so I don't know how stuff works over there. They claim it's a clean US title and that they haven't registered the bike in Europe yet. I'm looking for a frame to stuff a cheap shovelhead motor in.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Posts
    128

    Default

    got a link to the frame

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
    got a link to the frame
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Ha...-127634-2357-0

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Posts
    128

    Default

    thanks
    looks to be an original drop seat , which was available in 1963
    there is no boss where the serial is on numbered frames
    not sure how they come up with the title claim
    but its a harley frame to be sure
    ask him how its titled -as its on ebay questions are ok

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
    thanks
    looks to be an original drop seat , which was available in 1963
    there is no boss where the serial is on numbered frames
    not sure how they come up with the title claim
    but its a harley frame to be sure
    ask him how its titled -as its on ebay questions are ok
    Thanks, man. There's a slight language barrier, but I'll ask someone to translate for me.

  6. #6
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    399

    Default

    For that price maybe he has a frame and a title for a 63 duo just no motor. ive def seen many titles sold with no motor.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shovel625 View Post
    For that price maybe he has a frame and a title for a 63 duo just no motor. ive def seen many titles sold with no motor.
    Seems to be the case. He has a title and a frame. No numbers on the frame, but that's not a problem as I can have the DMV over here stamp the numbers and register the title to the frame.
    Price is firm, though and I can get a running Shovelhead for around 7-8k. I'm gonna skip this one.
    Last edited by Down; 04-04-2022 at 6:47 AM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Down View Post
    Seems to be the case. He has a title and a frame. No numbers on the frame, but that's not a problem as I can have the DMV over here stamp the numbers and register the title to the frame.
    Price is firm, though and I can get a running Shovelhead for around 7-8k. I'm gonna skip this one.
    id skip on it too, little to pricey. may be a good price for people overseas

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Pretty much impossible to get an unnumberd frame registered as a Harley -Davidson.
    If it shows up it would have to be a complete bike as no-one will register just a frame for obvious reasons. And then it would have to have a title for the engine to be registered as a Harley.
    What numbers would be stamped on the frame by the DMV? A number that would come up as a 'special construction' or a 'ubuilt' like it is where I live. And thats usually a metal sticker with the new VIN on it.
    Titles sold on a non numbered frame without a motor!? lol , i guess theres one born every minute.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
    Pretty much impossible to get an unnumberd frame registered as a Harley -Davidson.
    If it shows up it would have to be a complete bike as no-one will register just a frame for obvious reasons. And then it would have to have a title for the engine to be registered as a Harley.
    What numbers would be stamped on the frame by the DMV? A number that would come up as a 'special construction' or a 'ubuilt' like it is where I live. And thats usually a metal sticker with the new VIN on it.
    Titles sold on a non numbered frame without a motor!? lol , i guess theres one born every minute.
    Well, I'm not in the US and you can title the frame on these old Harleys to match the paperwork. I think it's even required.
    Once the frame is registered, the motor becomes obsolete. It can't be registered anywhere else, because I have the title.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Posts
    128

    Default

    All logic has been lost here.
    Good luck.

  12. #12
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
    Pretty much impossible to get an unnumberd frame registered as a Harley -Davidson.
    If it shows up it would have to be a complete bike as no-one will register just a frame for obvious reasons. And then it would have to have a title for the engine to be registered as a Harley.
    What numbers would be stamped on the frame by the DMV? A number that would come up as a 'special construction' or a 'ubuilt' like it is where I live. And thats usually a metal sticker with the new VIN on it.
    Titles sold on a non numbered frame without a motor!? lol , i guess theres one born every minute.



    Not what i said. have you never seen a panhead title for sale before? like without a motor? Ive literally seen hundreds.

    so whoever the seller is, they are most likely selling a panhead frame AND a title for a 63 panhead. Will that get the frame registered as a harley? No. but someone could potentially buy the title and stamp those numbers into their panhead cases and boom they could register their panhead, that they didnt have a title for before.

    illegal ? yes but it happens a lot

  13. #13
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
    All logic has been lost here.
    Good luck.
    Good luck on what? He already stated he was passing on the frame a title

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shovel625 View Post
    Good luck on what? He already stated he was passing on the frame a title
    Someone got butt hurt because my country has different laws than the good ol' US of A.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Posts
    128

    Default

    nope
    i know how this goes and its not like what you guys are saying
    punching your own numbers on a stock frame is a def no-go unless you wasna get the bike siezed
    this is getting really dumb
    tried to help but the help isnt being accepted
    im in canada and far from butt-hurt
    lol

  16. #16
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
    nope
    i know how this goes and its not like what you guys are saying
    punching your own numbers on a stock frame is a def no-go unless you wasna get the bike siezed
    this is getting really dumb
    tried to help but the help isnt being accepted
    im in canada and far from butt-hurt
    lol
    i never said on a frame. i said punching numbers into a set of cases and it happens A LOT! i also said its illegal. did you not read

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Posts
    128

    Default

    does not happen a lot as its stupid and illegal
    pretty much most of this is now non informative to the point of :
    DONT BELIEVE ANY OF IT
    lol

  18. #18
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
    nope
    i know how this goes and its not like what you guys are saying
    punching your own numbers on a stock frame is a def no-go unless you wasna get the bike siezed
    this is getting really dumb
    tried to help but the help isnt being accepted
    im in canada and far from butt-hurt
    lol
    i literally said ive seen guys buy a panhead title. work the number block on a set of cases back to blank, stamo the numbers from the title they bought into the cases and register them. HIGHLY ILLEGAL but i happens. ALOT

  19. #19
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
    does not happen a lot as its stupid and illegal
    pretty much most of this is now non informative to the point of :
    DONT BELIEVE ANY OF IT
    lol
    youve never seen someone stamp numbers into cases? look at how many panhead cases have fucked numbers in them and you cant deny it happens

  20. #20
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
    does not happen a lot as its stupid and illegal
    pretty much most of this is now non informative to the point of :
    DONT BELIEVE ANY OF IT
    lol
    do you read? how many fucking times have i said its illegal?

Share This



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in