What would you do (CB 550 80’s custom paint by Dave Perowitz)

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GSBobber1980
    • Aug 2017

What would you do (CB 550 80’s custom paint by Dave Perowitz)

Just curious what some of you guys would do with a CB550 painted by Dave Perowitz https://perewitzs.com/pages/perewitz-cycle-fabrication

Carb rebuild is first on the list but my plan is to restore the bike to the way it looked when Dave painted it and NOT try to restore it to factory condition.

A little more history: this bike was painted and used for 25 years as a display in a bar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6898C247-8E6C-4494-87DE-6031CB5D0B15.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	1347793
  • GSBobber1980
    • Aug 2017

Click image for larger version

Name:	3EC88830-2644-4153-9D4B-76691B360BCD.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	1322194
    Last edited by GSBobber1980; 04-01-2022, 8:10 AM.

Comment

• docmel
      • May 2015

Eye of the beholder: Its your gig, do as you wish. Myself, I dont play into the "mystical this guy painted it back in the day and it should stand as is"; As you said, it was in a bar for 25 years: Ride it as is...............

Comment

• farmall
        • Apr 2013

I'd tidy it up then sell it for a premium to a collector who has too much money as I'm a firm believer people with too much money should give it to me.

Since it's not stock it's not worth making it stock vs. cleaning it up then selling or swapping if ya just gotta have a stock 550. They're decent motorcycles but for anyone who isn't specifically sentimentally attached to the model they're nothing special, just a fun time capsule. Lack of power is why I didn't bother with that size when they were new since there were plenty of 750 and larger machines.

A motorcycle is the answer to the question of what YOU want to do with a motorcycle. Every project takes resources and storage space from all the others so best to keep that in mind too. Japanese collecting is taking off so if ya tidy it up then sell it via a vintage Japanese venue that may get more money. I don't keep track of UJM values and that's kind of an oddball so how clean you make it will have major effect on sales price. Sometimes enthusiasts will barter at a better deal than cash.

Never go shopping hungry and never marry what ya can pimp.
        Last edited by farmall; 04-01-2022, 8:07 PM.

Comment

• GSBobber1980
          • Aug 2017

Ok, so far that’s what I was thinking I’d hear. I agree, nothing very collectible. I think since the painter is literally down the street from me, it’s got more local interest and having grown up hearing stories and seeing his paint jobs in magazines, it’s more interesting to me personally where most others wouldn’t have that kind of attachment. It helps too that it was built in the era I grew up in. Not that billet aluminum and neon graphics are that awesome but they do bring back nostalgia for my youth.

My thoughts were to get it running, let the previous owner take it for a ride (his request) and enjoy it.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;