Anyone else having bad experiences with Prism Supply parts?

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dankmelater
    • Jul 2019

Anyone else having bad experiences with Prism Supply parts?

I've gotten a handful of parts from Prism for my Sportster, and I have had incredibly terrible luck. Anyone else have quality issues or shit fitment and finish?

Most recently I nabbed one of their sleek petcocks. Looks amazing, it was crazy stiff to turn, and when in the closed position it would still spin and fuel would still flow. I hit them up and they replaced it which was great, but for a $100 gas valve I was really expecting it to 1: work, and 2: work nicely. Even the replacement one is super stiff and feels like it has burrs in in it when I open/close.

Got a belt-chain conversion for my Sporty, it showed up missing the drive pulley and all the hardware. They got the stuff sent to me super quick. Also had fitment issues of it hitting my pulley cover, I trimmed to cover and fixed that easily enough. Chain that came with the kit developed a stretch spot within like 3 weeks. I got a nicer X-ring chain and it's been on there for like 4000 miles with no issues.

Buddy got a sissy bar from them for his Sportster it was so crooked we couldn't bolt it up. Had to get the oxy torch out to heat and bend it true, then it fit no problem.

Only stuff of theirs I've had 0 issues with are their lighting. Those LED lamps absolutely rule, as well as the magic box thing they sell for running single-wire taillights.

Anyone else have lots of issues with their products or am I just unlucky? I have a hard time believing their brand could be as big as it is with such terrible quality as what I've experienced. I'm think I'm done buying their parts after this petcock though.
  • seaking
    • Jul 2013

A good fix for that petcock is using toothpaste to seat the valve, as for foreign crap I can't help ya there I try my best to avoid it all.

Comment

• Rhysmort
      • May 2017

I think you may have really poor luck dude.

I've had their throttle, suicide pedal and assembly and a handful of other parts from them. Never had any problems with any of it.

I mean I've never bought anything A/M that has just fit. I'm pretty sure everything ever on 3 different big twins has never just fitted correctly. Your issues are different to mine of course. They've always been really accomodating as you've mentioned. The old when volume goes up quality goes down comes to mind.

Comment

• james69
        • Feb 2018

Originally posted by Rhysmort
        I think you may have really poor luck dude.

I've had their throttle, suicide pedal and assembly and a handful of other parts from them. Never had any problems with any of it.

I mean I've never bought anything A/M that has just fit. I'm pretty sure everything ever on 3 different big twins has never just fitted correctly. Your issues are different to mine of course. They've always been really accomodating as you've mentioned. The old when volume goes up quality goes down comes to mind.
        Matches my experience. Things always take a bit of tweaking especially on the old bikes.

Comment

• BlackCloudSalvage
          • Jan 2015

I think the key here is lije you said, that you were able to get a hold of them and have the issues resolved. But I can see your frustration when you pay for premium parts you want them to show up complete and in working order. They are hardly a "big brand". If you have ever seen any of their videos or been to their events you can see they are just a small group of folks getting it all done.
          I really appreciate their company and think they have some awesome innovations.
          I also appreciate your fair review/complaint/inquiry without slandering anyone or sh*t talking.

Comment

• factoryReset
            • Apr 2015

I've had great experience with Prism!.. throttle,seat, sissybar..no problem at all

Comment

• farmall
              • Apr 2013

I haven't needed anything from them but I search out parts by the specific part not the vendor and lean towards sellers with high quality Ebay feedback since nearly everything can be had from someone who has an Ebay store.

For fuel valves I standardized on Pingel back in the 1980s and my first one finally seeped a bit after 20-ish years. I resealed it and life is good. Unless it's a restoration everything I'm keeping gets one. Golan make nice parts but I standardized in Pingel long before they existed so I can use one rebuild tool set to cover my fleet for life.

If someone else hasn't proven a part I mostly ignore it since anything good will promptly acquire a fan base.

That Prism have good customer service means I'd consider buying from them. Shit happens but quality sellers make it good so it's nice to hear they don't suck.

Comment

• Clawhammercycle
                • Oct 2021

Ill start out saying i love my prism parts but they sent a sissy bar with missing hardware, a chain conversion with no lock nut, and most recently my petcock is total shit. It spins freely and then if you tighten the little allen to lock it down more it dosent spin at all. I gotta send then a video and see if theyll replace it.

Just annoying to spend good money and get half assed packaging. That said, rhey have always sent the missing stuff out pretty quick.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                Working...
                ;