2009 Honda Shadow 750 Aero (No accessories)

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HondaShadow22
    • Mar 2022

2009 Honda Shadow 750 Aero (No accessories)

Hey everyone, I have a 2009 Honda Shadow 750 Aero. I’m new to the biking community, just got my license last year, and have been riding when permittable. I recently replaced my handle grips, and my exhaust. It was very cold while I did the exhaust so I didn’t ride much, just around the neighborhood a couple times then took it for a 30 minute ride, and noticed a loss of power, lights flickering, and a misfire. Now, the next day, I turned my key, and had zero power at all. Nothing to the accessories, nothing at the start, nothing at all. I assumed it was the battery, so I went and charged it, nothing again. Then I went and replaced my battery with a new one. Plugged her in, nothing again. I checked voltage at the battery, I’m sitting at 12.50 volts five or take. While fiddling with everything under the seat, I took the ground off the battery, cleaned it with some sandpaper, left it off for about 5 minutes, put it back on, turned the key about 4 times back to back and finally had accessories, and could start the bike. I let it idle, and the lights flickered from dim to bright, etc. I started messing with wires to see if it played any role on these flickering lights, and nothing. Then switched to high beams, and the bike shut off. Accessories stayed on, started it again, repeated twice more. Checked voltage on battery while idling before this, was holding 14+ Volts. Turned the key off, no accessories again. I’ve tried taking the ground off the battery, and putting it back on again, no dice. Still can’t get anything. I don’t really know where to start, or what it could be. It’s not the 30 amp fuse in the starter relay, so I’m lost. Any tips/help/suggestions will be great! Thank you!
  • TriNortchopz
    • Dec 2017

How to disassemble ignition switch
    Can anyone tell me how to take apart the ignition switch on a vt750 1998 model so I can clean it. My bike won't start, headlight doesn't come on, from reading the Honda shadow forum (USA), I am

Ignition Switch - Honda VT750C2 Shadow Spirit Service Manual
    Honda VT750C2 Shadow Spirit Manual Online: Ignition Switch. INSPEC1''ION Remove the seat (page 3-3). Disconnect the ignition switch 2P (Black) and 1P (Natural) connectors. Check for continuity between the switch side con nector terminals in each switch position. Continuity should exist...
    If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• HondaShadow22
      • Mar 2022

You think the ignition switch could cause that? I did test power at the battery from the key on off position and then to on. I was reading 12.50v with it off, and 12.38-12.40 with the key on. I don’t know if that is telling me it’s functioning fine or not.

Comment

• TriNortchopz
        • Dec 2017

You think the ignition switch could cause that?...
        from your original post, it seems possible...

...turned the key about 4 times back to back and finally had accessories, and could start the bike
        ...Turned the key off, no accessories again.
        If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;