CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default 19 rear on tcbros kit sporty

Ive got a hardtailed sportster with a tcbros (haifley) hard tail kit (fender, sissy, oil tank, rear section) I bought one of those moto iron rear wheels in 19 and a 4.00 tire. Had anyone done this before? I have a 16 5.00 back there right now. If anyone has any pics of theirs please post! I m worried that the profile of the tire is so tall it wont clear the rear section brace support, cheers!

Get Adobe Flash player

I donít know about that, but I did buy one of their 21 front spoked rims. It doesnít fit what it said it fits and the chrome spikes rusted within 3 months. And it also said the bearing employ was set. They were not. Good thing I checked.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by misfitJason View Post
    I donít know about that, but I did buy one of their 21 front spoked rims. It doesnít fit what it said it fits and the chrome spikes rusted within 3 months. And it also said the bearing employ was set. They were not. Good thing I checked.
    What did you try to mount it on? And how did you check the bearings? Now im worried.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by SSRIMC View Post
    I m worried that the profile of the tire is so tall it wont clear the rear section brace support, cheers!

That's no problem at all with the cross brace........... and if the fender doesn't fit the profile of the tire change it, it's all in a custom fit...........That's part of building a bike............

Get Adobe Flash player

It said it fit a fxst. The hub dimensions were way offset to the left which led me to believe that it was made and offset for a springer. I checked the endplate of the bearings with a dial indicator. They were waaaaay too loose. Easy enough to put shims in but definitely not in spec. Also the dust seals are too small for standard size 3/4 bearing spacers.

I will say the hub was nicely machined and the rim was nice. Those were black. The chrome on the spokes was horrible and didn’t take any time in the Florida humidity to rust. It was true though.

Share This