CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
    828ccXs750

Default Modernization of a 1979 xs750

My engine is built, pulls hard to 9500 rpm, carbs perfectly tuned, starts first kick every time without the choke, yes, even when cold. Big cams sound sick AF. Runs like a raped ape.
    I built the bike out of a basket case, wrecked it at 120mph, rode it home, 2 weeks later it caught on fire and melted the wiring harness. Believe it or not it still runs like a champ.

I hate cafe bikes, I'm tired of people seeing my bike and immediately thinking it's a cafe racer when it's basically a stock bike. I wanna give it more of a streetfighter look so I can stop hearing this... i had the idea to make it look like it belongs on Mad Max, but then they will still say it's a cafe bike. Any suggestions on more modern bodywork and lighting that may be fitted easily? I am open for suggestions on anything concerning the suspension improvement as well. The rear shocks have too much travel and the front is a bit too soft too. It's definitely not a buell
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	67b846932cc0e254957e54c882a02455cbf4e3b7-14.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	114.5 KB 
ID:	107418
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201117_192423.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	294.2 KB 
ID:	107421
    Last edited by 828ccXs750; 11-26-2020 at 4:48 AM.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Get Adobe Flash player

Sweet cafe bike!

828ccXs750

Quote Originally Posted by TriNortchopz View Post
    I like that tail section. Has anyone ever tried to fit 1984 FJ bodywork that you know of? I think a square headlight would stop the "nice cafe bike" thingClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20201126_135314.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	300.2 KB 
ID:	107432
    Last edited by 828ccXs750; 11-26-2020 at 1:56 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

If you like it, leave it alone. People are dumb as fuck and think everything with a flat seat is a cafe. People used to think my CB750 was one too despite looking pretty stock. Most of those bikes in Mad Max were pretty stock KZ1000's and other Superbikes with fairings and occasionally a fur seat cover.

As far as handling you could probably stand to add some more preload to the front fork springs. This is easily achieved by making up some pvc spacers to add on top of the travel springs. Usually 1-2" depending on the springs inside. You'll have to experiment to see what works, but it's easy enough to change them out to try more or less preload as it only involves removing the fork caps to change them. Also if you've never rebuilt the front forks (seals, fork oil) that could explain the softness in feel. As far as the back suspension, Hagon's are always a good choice. You buy them for your weight, 5 steps of adjustable preload.

Thatbitchagain

Quote Originally Posted by CarloFreeze View Post
    If you like it, leave it alone. People are dumb as fuck and think everything with a flat seat is a cafe. People used to think my CB750 was one too despite looking pretty stock. Most of those bikes in Mad Max were pretty stock KZ1000's and other Superbikes with fairings and occasionally a fur seat cover.

As far as handling you could probably stand to add some more preload to the front fork springs. This is easily achieved by making up some pvc spacers to add on top of the travel springs. Usually 1-2" depending on the springs inside. You'll have to experiment to see what works, but it's easy enough to change them out to try more or less preload as it only involves removing the fork caps to change them. Also if you've never rebuilt the front forks (seals, fork oil) that could explain the softness in feel. As far as the back suspension, Hagon's are always a good choice. You buy them for your weight, 5 steps of adjustable preload.
    Nice with some tough old xs750's!
    I added a good 25 mm of preload up front + thicker oil, and a fork brace. Worked wonders, gonna fit some better rear shocks too, probably Hagon classics. Best bang for the buck plus looks good.
    Im running keihin carbs and 896cc bigbore kit on mine, the howl is so good..

Get Adobe Flash player

Preload is everything. Good choice on thicker oil as well. You're gonna love the Hagons.

Quote Originally Posted by CarloFreeze View Post
    Preload is everything. Good choice on thicker oil as well. You're gonna love the Hagons.
    I have them on my thruxton, improved the ride dramatically for a great price. :Thumb

Share This