Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hoghead
    • Jun 2015

New Easyriders

I see a new 'classic' Easyriders has been released- anyone know what it's like?
  • rockman96
    • May 2018

My guess is that it's every bit as crappy as it was when they went under.

Comment

• confab
      • May 2019

Much, much better than I expected.. Saw it at BN and grabbed a copy. Didn't really have high expectations for it, to be honest with you.

But ChopCult would be very pleased with it! An emphasis on older iron and events. There's even a David Mann painting.

It's not M8's loaded down with chrome spiderwebs and "How To" bike audio articles for GeezerGlide's and Trikes.

So far, it is a very faithful effort and I think it will be rewarded.

Comment

• 1954bmw
        • Mar 2015

Confab, stupid question " what is BN"??

Comment

• confab
          • May 2019

Barnes & Nobel.

Comment

• confab
            • May 2019

PS: They have several Chop Cult style mags on hand, if you live near one..

"Outlaw Biker" was one. And there was one that specifically covered hand built bikes.

Getting tough to find biker mags on a rack anywhere, actually..

Comment

• FMC1
              • Dec 2021

I had high hopes for the new "classic" Easy Riders. First place I found it was EBay and ordered it immediately.
              I was incredibly disappointed. I don't know what "classic" means to the people in charge over there, but I grew up flipping through the Easy Riders of the '70s; any page of that magazine that didn't have a picture of a bike on it would most certainly have a picture of some tits on it. The "classic" Easy Riders I received was just more of the same old crap as the more recent versions. It's like some 25 year old idiot with a marketing degree is trying to figure out what appeals to me so they can sell me more GooGaws and Whiz-Bangs. Save your money. I'd mail you my copy and let you look it over, but it went into the trashcan the day I received it.

Comment

• farmall
                • Apr 2013

I asked the new owner a while back and apparently due to the way the original owners sloppily managed contributor rights assignment the old content or most of it cannot be reprinted. However there is an outfit selling a DVD of scans of past issues. I don't recommend it as activation is tied to the computer using LockLizard which deters copying but also means you're fucked as if your device dies etc you're screwed over time. There is no convenient way to convert to conventional .pdf except perhaps video capture between PC and display then automated screenshotting or infinite patience neither of which interest me.

There being nothing new to do with Harleys once you've seen it all (which doesn't take long) dead trees are a waste of time. Saving Chop Cult etc threads as web pages in named folders is free and gets ya intelligent commentary with the pics.

I never understood the appeal of dead trees despite being old. They suck to copy for backups, they require manual search to find content, their resolution varies and the pics aren't zoomable and they're bulky to store.

Thanks to Hollywood assholes who assume copyright is lifetime entitlement (and having lobbyists who know how to work legislators) copyright won't expire until nearly everyone reading this is long dead. Sonny Bono is smoking Walt Disney's cock in hell.
                Last edited by farmall; 06-09-2022, 8:32 PM.

Comment

• 47str8leg
                  • Sep 2014

The appeal of dead trees is that you don’t have to stare at a computer and you have a larger picture and better frame of reference than most of the computers and phones that an average person has.
                  I hate using a thumb and pointer finger to “expand “ an image.
                  Using computers is like listening to “ books on tape” in your living room instead of reading the book .

Comment

• farmall
                    • Apr 2013

Depends on your choice of display. Mine are chosen for reading (no glossy screens) and display magazine pages larger than full size (or any size required).

I do not use a phone for much more than navigation/messaging/calendar but if that was all I had I'd do what I do with a cheap adapter and use that with a full sized display. I save that for grid outages but it's easy and dirt cheap to use a decent phone, hub with video out, and whatever keyboard and mouse ya like.
                    Displays are cheap these days except high end ones. ans desktops, notebooks and phones can screencast to TVs which are plenty for 2D viewing.

I hate using a thumb and pointer finger to “expand “ an image.
                    Me too. That's why I don't access forums using my phone. On the road I tether to an old Thinkpad worth about a hundred bucks.

Buy what you like but dead tree money won't upgrade your display while display upgrades make life very comfy. It's easy to have a delightful computer experience but like wrenching or riding some learnin's involved.

For me life's too short for eye abuse. I read all sorts of books. pdf manuals (zooming a schematic on a 4K monitor beats dead tree and magnifying glass, and I can print page to take notes on) and papers on my PCs because I bothered to make my workstations comfortable which being a cheap bastard was painless. (ClearType on Windows is nice for adjusting text quality.)

An unsatisfying computer or work area is like too-tight boots, annoying as fuck.

Comment

• oscarmeyer
                      • Sep 2013

Good cover

Comment

• DustyDave
                        Super Moderator
                        • Oct 2012

Driving that train, high on cocaine
                        Casey Jones you better, watch your speed
                        Trouble ahead, trouble behind
                        And you know that notion just crossed my mind​

Comment

• FMC1
                          • Dec 2021

Originally posted by DustyDave
                          No titties. I rest my case.

Since when does "In the Wind" feature an old couple watching a Goddamn sunset? When I was 13 years old hiding under my blanket at 2:00 AM with a flashlight flipping through a purloined EasyRiders and I got to "In the Wind" I knew I was about to see a lot of pictures of some greasy fuck in a cornfield holding up a beer can with his girl next to him flashing her tits. That is my tribe and these assholes with their marketing degrees and focus groups aren't fooling me for a second.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                            • Oct 2016

It is becoming a PG-13 world my friend. Most of what we old fucks did is now, if not illegal, at the least morally questionable. ( well except for pot and "they" have figured out how much money is in that. ) Sure am glad I ain't a young'n today.

Comment

• DazedandConfused
                              • Nov 2021

Originally posted by FMC1
                              No titties. I rest my case.

Since when does "In the Wind" feature an old couple watching a Goddamn sunset? When I was 13 years old hiding under my blanket at 2:00 AM with a flashlight flipping through a purloined EasyRiders and I got to "In the Wind" I knew I was about to see a lot of pictures of some greasy fuck in a cornfield holding up a beer can with his girl next to him flashing her tits. That is my tribe and these assholes with their marketing degrees and focus groups aren't fooling me for a second.
                              As I stated in another previous discussion on this....those days are gone, and they aren't coming back. Time changes everything, the world moves forward, and the members of that tribe that are left are dwindling, with fewer and fewer of us left who remember how things used to be. That era is literal history at this point in time.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;