Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CaNaDiAnNuTcAsE
    • Dec 2021

Building my first Harley one part at a time

Well as stupid and expensive as this will be I'm going to start with shit and hopefully build something that runs. It's going to make me broke for a year at least, but fuck it. I'll never be able to afford a entire bike at once.

I'm going to start this long nightmare with a EVO 80" with fucked heads and no rockers or valve train. Guy says the heads are repairable, but I highly doubt that. also no intake carb or ignition included. At $600 I am being an idiot, but I do everything the hard way. The add for the engine said the port work was an upgrade, but I'm sure the heads are useless other than making the engine look cool on my shelf while I find new heads. If anyone has shitty cheap ass parts your willing to ship to Canada I will take em as I can afford them. And I do mean any shit you scrape off your shop floor that will run long enough for me to get the bike built and running. I don't care if they fuck me over later, I'm fine with replacing all the cheap shit later on with more cheap shit and basically rebuild half the bike once or twice a year for the rest of my life.

Here is the head damage. Both heads look like this.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	263083710_4615175661933727_527184010322027765_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	1347647
    Ha this was post 13 my favorite number and a sign of how this will play out.
    Last edited by CaNaDiAnNuTcAsE; 12-30-2021, 3:14 PM.
  • farmall
    • Apr 2013

Heads are wall art. Post bottom end.

Comment

• ExplodingCoffinEmporium
      • Oct 2016

Originally posted by farmall
      Heads are wall art. Post bottom end.
      +1 on that, let’s see whatcha got yourself into.

Comment

• Tattooo
        • Sep 2012

Going by the title of this thread........ You can do it and don't give up......... Ask many questions..........

I built this bike 100% from parts............ I started with engine cases with a title........... It took 2 years hunting for parts that I liked but I wasn't in a hurry..........
        Attached Files

Comment

• CaNaDiAnNuTcAsE
          • Dec 2021

Well at least I got the rockers, but that happiness was short lived. (No cam or lifters) I cleaned up the pistons and jugs and put it together to look cool on my shelf while I find money to piss away. The jugs have 0 scoring and all the crosshatching. I'm thinking by all the shit i cleaned off the top the heads died right the fuck away.

Name:	20211230_152847.jpg
Size:	291.8 KB
ID:	1321494

Name:	20211230_154806.jpg
Size:	293.6 KB
ID:	1321495

Comment

• CaNaDiAnNuTcAsE
            • Dec 2021

One thing about this build other than the Kraft tech hardtail frame I don't want a single new part on my bike no chrome no bags no fancy ass bullshit. I want a beat up rusty ass bike built from whatever I can get my greasy hands on. Just an oldschool bike I can rip around on like the lunatic I am (got papers to prove that)

There are plenty of nice shiny bikes out there that would make a man cry if so much as a rockchip in the paint appears, and I want no part in it. If the bike hauls my fat ass around for a couple months before I need to replace some shit I should have spent more money on so be it.

Comment

• Tattooo
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by CaNaDiAnNuTcAsE
              I want a beat up rusty ass bike built from whatever I can get my greasy hands on. Just an oldschool bike I can rip around on
              Rusty old ass beat up bike??????? Oldschool????
              That never happened at least I never seen any........ Even so called rat bikes back in the day didn't look that bad...... I never seen ANYONE build a bike like that back in the day........ We always tried to build a bike that looked better than the other guy...... Hell we would rebuild, upgrade, repaint our bike every winter if we weren't having to ride it everyday just to keep it looking nice......... You have to remember we were all young.......... Hell look at the biker movies from the 60s and 70s if you don't believe me............

So build it how you want but it's not old school............ Keep us posted.............
              Last edited by Tattooo; 12-30-2021, 8:51 PM.

Comment

• CaNaDiAnNuTcAsE
                • Dec 2021

I meant oldschool as in the style of bike I want to build. I'm not making a fat tire bike with fancy machined rims and all that other stuff. I am going to try to use 130 rear wheel open chain primary kick start. If I can find one Springer front end and no front brake. I want it to look like a old bike that never got touched for years. I know full well my engine is wrong for all that, but it's all I can get.

Comment

• CaNaDiAnNuTcAsE
                  • Dec 2021

This is the frame I want to get Kraft Tech straight back bone 30* rake 0 stretch for 130 rear tire.
                  Also its cheaper than anything I could find.

Name:	frame.jpg
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	1321504

Comment

• CaNaDiAnNuTcAsE
                    • Dec 2021

Like this minus sissy bar and with CR bend handle bars. Also I want the pipe to be lower. I know its not the right engine, but go try to find a bike exactly how you want to build one online. I could spend the next year looking at bikes and all I would have to show for it would be white stains in the front of my pants.

Name:	Prism-Supply-Harley-Davidson-Panhead-01.jpg
Size:	273.7 KB
ID:	1321505
                    Last edited by CaNaDiAnNuTcAsE; 12-30-2021, 9:54 PM.

Comment

• Tattooo
                      • Sep 2012

I meant oldschool as in the style of bike I want to build. I want it to look like a old bike that never got touched for years.
                      You know after thinking about it, I figured it out.......

What your looking to build is an Old School looking bike with New School looking Fake patina??????????

I'm sure it will turn out just fine............
                      Last edited by Tattooo; 12-31-2021, 9:56 AM.

Comment

• Tattooo
                        • Sep 2012

Like this minus sissy bar and with CR bend handle bars. Also I want the pipe to be lower. I know its not the right engine, but go try to find a bike exactly how you want to build one online pants.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]107286[/ATTACH]

Now that's an awesome looking bike........ Not rusty or beat up..........

And there is nothing wrong with an EVO motor...........
                        Last edited by Tattooo; 12-31-2021, 6:03 AM.

Comment

• CaNaDiAnNuTcAsE
                          • Dec 2021

Originally posted by Tattooo
                          You know after thinking about it, I figured it out.......

What your looking to build is an Old School looking bike with New School looking Fake patina??????????

I'm sure it will turn out just fine............
                          No hipster ass fake patina. I'm going to use the parts as I find them, and since I'm a broke fuck it will all come like that. I've found a bunch of local parts sources. So far I think I found one head, cam, lifters, and intake. I also found a guy who should have fenders wheels and pipes.

I got to find out if a buddy of mine still has all the tanks and carbs he had before I got locked up. Would It be wrong of me to throw a 38-42mm slide carb on this? I do like my Keihin round slide carbs. I've owned over 70 Japanese motorcycles and you don't rebuild that many bikes without having a favorite carburetor. They don't make the most power, but they sure as fuck take the least effort to run well.

The real question now is do I complete the engine or buy a tranny next payday. I sure as fuck am not going to quit smoking, but I don't mind being a bit hungry.

Now off to remove the bed liner from my crank case and find the damn numbers.
                          Last edited by CaNaDiAnNuTcAsE; 12-31-2021, 1:26 PM.

Comment

• CaNaDiAnNuTcAsE
                            • Dec 2021

Well my cam chest numbers don't match the case numbers on the outside. Now I'm worried some dip shit tweakers may have stole it at some point. I got to run the numbers and pray.

You Americans got one thing wrong about Canada. This country is full of assholes and I have already had to track down a couple owners and give them their shit back because of it.

In the spirit of transparency these are the numbers.

Name:	20211231_103302.jpg
Size:	298.2 KB
ID:	1321506

Comment

• JBinNC
                              • Dec 2018

Well my cam chest numbers don't match the case numbers on the outside. Now I'm worried some dip shit tweakers may have stole it at some point. I got to run the numbers and pray.

You Americans got one thing wrong about Canada. This country is full of assholes and I have already had to track down a couple owners and give them their shit back because of it.

In the spirit of transparency these are the numbers.
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]107287[/ATTACH]
                              Easy there, big fella. The so-called "belly numbers" do not match the serial number. But the belly numbers on each case should be the same. The first four or five digits of the belly number is a production date code, and should match the year of the serial number, with some exceptions. The first digit of the belly number will be "1" for a big twin case.

Jim

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;