Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cramer
    • Jul 2021

Hand Control Options

I would like to clean up the hand controls on my shovel (factory). A couple of buttons are busted and I am deleting my signals anyway. I need some inspiration!

As far as levers go, I am running a front brake so I’ll have a master, but would like something a little lower profile than sets that mate to a switch housing. What are you guys running?

I will run a hi/lo, kill switch, and starter button. I have thought about micro switches in the bars themselves, making a switch plate, or even mounting them in the console (Lowrider dash). Any advice or suggestions?

What works, what doesn’t? Anything to stay away from?
    Thanks!
  • DoomBuggy
    • Oct 2016

I just did this on my Panhead rebuild project. Used the POSH switch housing with a three way switch ( headlight ) and a push button ( horn ). All I can say is use a LOT of bits to get to the final size, the tolerance on the holes leave no room for error.

For controls I went with a set of GMA controls from JP Cycle. You just need to make sure you get the right bore for the type of caliper.

Comment

• golfish
      • Jul 2017

I have used PM hand controls and changed to a hydraulic clutch on two bikes. I think they really cleans up the bars. I ran the lines into the bars along with a internal throttle. I didn't run any switches or buttons on either of them.

Comment

• 7and7is
        • Dec 2012

On my sporty I took the stock controls and filed down the mounts, elcheapo single throttle cable, pressure switch for the brake light, and a small push button for the horn.

Mounted the high/low beam on the headlight shell.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;