Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alfajuj
    • Apr 2015

I couldn't figure out if the original question was about power tools or hand tools?
    For hand tools, I have a bunch of mostly antique Snap-On and some Billings, Williams, Plomb & Proto (inch sizes), some of my favorite tools are the ones from my grandfather and great-grandfather. (They were both machinists at Wright Aircraft, and later at the GE turbine plant, and had some really nice stuff-It's really cool to keep using those artifacts from the golden age of American industry). My great-grandfather rode Harleys to work for most of his career. He rode a J model, a VL, then a UL, then later he had a Pan.
    For metric tools, I predominantly use Hazet, with a little Stahwille, Facom, and Koken. I have some antique Britool for Whitworth sizes. For screwdrivers I have a ton of Wiha, but I use my Witte the most.
    For power tools, I like Fein and Metabo, and I've put a ton of mileage on my trusty Bosch palm sander for roughing out polished aluminum parts.
    For air tools I use an Ingersoll Rand impact and also a bunch of no-name stuff.
    Last edited by alfajuj; 02-26-2022, 5:07 AM.

Comment

• 47str8leg
      • Sep 2014

SK tools.

Comment

• hllzn
        • Apr 2024

Originally posted by alfajuj
        I couldn't figure out if the original question was about power tools or hand tools?
        For hand tools, I have a bunch of mostly antique Snap-On and some Billings, Williams, Plomb & Proto (inch sizes), some of my favorite tools are the ones from my grandfather and great-grandfather. (They were both machinists at Wright Aircraft, and later at the GE turbine plant, and had some really nice stuff-It's really cool to keep using those artifacts from the golden age of American industry). My great-grandfather rode Harleys to work for most of his career. He rode a J model, a VL, then a UL, then later he had a Pan.
        For metric tools, I predominantly use Hazet, with a little Stahwille, Facom, and Koken. I have some antique Brittool for Whitworth sizes. For screwdrivers I have a ton of Wiha, but I use my Witte the most.
        For power tools, I like Fein and Metabo, and I've put a ton of mileage on my trusty Bosch palm sander for roughing out polished aluminum parts.
        For air tools I use an Ingersoll Rand impact and also a bunch of no-name stuff.
        that's a great explanation

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;