Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JimP
    • Aug 2021

wiring diagram 2003 Big Mike chopper

I know I'm throwing a hook out into ocean hoping to catch something but here it is: Anyone have a wiring diagram for a BMC 2003 chopper?
  • Hubbard
    • Dec 2010

Is big mike not reachable?

Comment

• JimP
      • Aug 2021

Big Mike choppers went belly up with the chopper part (I think about 2009), but has a seat and accessory site named BMC. I called them and the guy there referred me to their warehouse thinking one of guys there would have experience with the bike portion. Haven't heard back.

Comment

• confab
        • May 2019

What part of the bike are you having trouble with?

Comment

• JimP
          • Aug 2021

well what started with the turning signals not working has now grown into me wanting a wiring diagram before I dig into the turning signal issue. But there are other areas I want to verify because some owner before ran some pretty interesting wires going all over and not going anywhere and not following a color code of any sort

Comment

• Tattooo
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by JimP
            well what started with the turning signals not working has now grown into me wanting a wiring diagram before I dig into the turning signal issue. But there are other areas I want to verify because some owner before ran some pretty interesting wires going all over and not going anywhere and not following a color code of any sort
            Man I feel for you, That's always not a good thing when the wires change colors before they get somewhere....... I'm not sure a wiring diagram will be of much help in your case.......... An ohm meter might be more suited?????

Best of luck.......

Comment

• Hoghead
              • Jun 2015

The basics, you don't need no stinkin' indicators on a chop...

Click image for larger version

Name:	wiring.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	1319855

Comment

• Whoremonger
                • Jan 2014

The way i see it is your only option is to find someone who knows electrics. They will know how to trace every wire whether different colors or not and trouble shoot and correct any electrical issues you may have. Only problem is finding a competent person that wont break the bank. In my opinion, if your wiring is not right, you will always have problems with the bike. Good luck

Comment

• Hubbard
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Hoghead

[ATTACH=CONFIG]105083[/ATTACH]
                  bingo, gut the bastard and use this diagram

Comment

• Whoremonger
                    • Jan 2014

^^^^that will work so long as there are no turn signals or electric start

Comment

• TomK
                      • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Hoghead

[ATTACH=CONFIG]105083[/ATTACH]
                      Whoa! That’s way too complicated! Key? Horn? Dimmer? What’s next, a stereo?

Comment

• confab
                        • May 2019

Turn signals aren't particularly complicated.. But PO wiring messes can be.

To avoid future trouble on the side of the road, perhaps this would be a good time to search one of the basic wiring diagrams on this website, or to download a Service Manual and go through your wiring and clean it up, and mark the colors on their diagram?

This PO hacked up, rats nest, wiring shit never works on anything, be it a Harley or a Hot Rod.. It will always come back to bite you when you least expect it and it can take expensive components out in the process. Could even start a fire and burn your bike up?

Bike wiring is pretty simple. Maybe it's time to clean it up, fix it for good and make yourself a reference diagram for the future?

Comment

• confab
                          • May 2019

PS: Otherwise, a basic turn signal circuit is pretty simple.. You pull current through the bulbs to turn them on, and there's a flasher in the circuit that heats up and oscillates.

Comment

• JimP
                            • Aug 2021

thanks for the diagram, and yes I agree with the turn signals, TomK unfortunately Iowa law doesn't. and no I use the music of the road combined with what's playing in my head which is usually the golden oldies.
                            Last edited by JimP; 09-02-2021, 3:47 PM.

Comment

• JimP
                              • Aug 2021

You are absolutely right in everything you said, confab. I'm thinking of ripping it all out and starting over that's why I contacted the now defunct company to get a diagram so I could follow the original wires and color codes they used, in case I sell it when I'm older and feeble

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;