CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

If you are going to go through your 4 speed, I really like this video a lot, it reminds me of some of the training vids when I was in the service.

I watched it several times before I did mine, still works like a champ!

Get Adobe Flash player

Disassembly easy, reassembly not so much.

Get Adobe Flash player

What Farmall and JBinNC said!

Get Adobe Flash player

I would also add, get yourself a spiral or composition notebook and start inspecting everything as it comes apart, and write down anything you may almost think is important. Measure and write all your as found dimensions, so you can go back on assembly and verify what you got to what it should be.

Dig in. There's a reason we all keep doing this shit.

Shovel

As said, Clymers tend to be too generalized and do have mistakes. I have found that in thier Plymouth, Chevy and FJ manuals, as well as early HD. As said, factory manual is the way to go

Really, the only thing that stands in your way are some tools for the deeper work, some already mentioned

Keep thing simple, organized, avoid shortcuts and sloppy, unsafe results

Get Adobe Flash player

Pictures, writing down certain things etc. there’s a mile of wires in that headlight bucket. But deff take pictures, write certain things down, also ziplock bags, label bags and such.

Sure you've already gotten what you need from everyone elses replies, but I was in the same position...I bought an 84 FXWG and tore it down for a chopper build. All I had was a set of basic craftsman wrenches, some other odds and ends, and I tore apart the entire bike in the basement level of the parking garage at my apartment building. It's a bit tricky to pull the primary cuz those bolts are torqued down pretty tight, and you've gotta make sure to remember that your tranny side bolts are all reverse thread, but otherwise, it really wasn't too hard....it's the putting back together that'll get you! And +1 on supertouch, definitely bag, photograph, and label everything as you go, and DO NOT SELL a damn thing until you've got your bike back together because you never know what tiny little bolt will save your ass and could be a pain in the ass to find online again. Pacific Mike's videos on YouTube have been an incredible resource for me, but you'll also learn a bunch as you go through it. I've got a couple PDF manuals I can email you if you DM me. Happy building!

Share This