CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Quote Originally Posted by Hoghead View Post
    Well, the new sportster is out......
    Well, whaddya all think? Surprised that the Pan America is more powerful, yet $1k less expensive. Where did the 'sport' bit get lost? Ya won't be taking anyone on the back either. Better looking than the Indian Scout.

And another thing...forward controls suck on a Sportster, at least mids are an option.
    I don't understand the forward controls on this new bike. Why would you do that, when you're up against the Indian FTR? Make a "performance" bike and put forwards on it to make it not handle as good as the competition?
    I don't like it. I'd rather buy the Indian at the same MSRP.
    I'm sure it will be successful, though. Finally a Harley for the young hipster community. They like their trackers and café racers. This fits in quite nicely.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9919B433-3755-43B4-BF6C-4912CBC03464.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	130.3 KB 
ID:	104443

Still sportys at my place

Get Adobe Flash player

Overall I don't hate it. Anybody that thought the air cooled engine was going to last forever is a fool. They already quit selling sportsters in Europe, didn't they?

Harley really stepped it up with the power to weight ratio which is nice. I think the high pipes are too fat and plastic looking (along with the engine), but of course there's going to be aftermarket shit to change it up. At some point in that reveal video they mentioned they wanted the first model to make a big impact with more to come, then they showed closeups of what looks like a classic sportster cruiser design.

That price is pretty steep, but it's not like they're paying $15k for an evo sportster. Lotta guys complaining that it's a $15k sportster not even thinking it's the second fastest and most technologically advanced bike they make now behind the Pan America.

Get Adobe Flash player

I don't like it, looks like 1 of 100 jap bikes out there, all of which could out perform it for a 1/4 of it's price,
    it's too messy, it's trying to be a cruiser & a Caff & a Bobber all at the same time & none of it feckin works together,
    it's also untested & no one knows how it's going to perform over time,
    what major problem will be found in the next couple of years IF they get any mileage put on them...
    I'll stick with my shovelhead, ...........
    & you can still buy Sportsters here in Europe, but they are getting harder to find since the factory stopped making them & dropped them,
    think it was the USA EPA smog brigade that are to blame for the dropping of all their air cooled bikes

Get Adobe Flash player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCoQ2PjdLJA

SINO Sportster in name only. Not a terrible looking bike but really, maybe they should have come up with a new name for the new bike. jmo
    Last edited by drivermark; 2 Weeks Ago at 5:28 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Holy shit, go to about 5 minutes and 18 seconds into this video:

https://youtu.be/sbl1utoqNJk?t=318

I think they immediately had to cut so that guy could laugh after saying it sounds good.

Share This