CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

A S&S Cycle "GBL"
    Carburetor would be better suited to your model ...

Last edited by Dragstews; 05-25-2020 at 7:56 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Potentially dumb question. I picked up another B for cheap so I figured I would clean it out and see if it was any different. Are these two holes in the bowl supposed to connect? The other side of the bowl has a matching pair of holes with a slightly larger opening clearly connects but this seems blocked. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	865A5F27-0F37-45FD-B029-6CE31B8872A7.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	103881

Yes, those two holes connect, same on both sides of the bowl. One is the intermediate jet well, and the other is the enrichener tube well. The hole at the bottom of the enrichener tube well is small, and acts as a jet to meter fuel to the enrichener. The intermediate jet well has a larger hole serving it, with the jet serving as the jet.

Jim

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by JBinNC View Post
    Yes, those two holes connect, same on both sides of the bowl. One is the intermediate jet well, and the other is the enrichener tube well. The hole at the bottom of the enrichener tube well is small, and acts as a jet to meter fuel to the enrichener. The intermediate jet well has a larger hole serving it, with the jet serving as the jet.

Jim
    Thank you Jim! I figured it's there for a reason, but right now it's definitely blocked. I believe this is the enricher side. I blew it out with compressed air and have been poking at it with a pick but doesn't seem to be connecting. It almost seems like the small hole on the inside of the bowl just isn't deep enough, but I'm going to keep at it.

It's small. I use one strand from stranded electrical wire to probe those holes, and small holes like intermediate jets. Solvent and air pressure will get it eventually.

Jim

Share This