CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default Sportster Raked Neck Cup kits?

Does anyone have a bead on where a guy can get a raked neck cup kit now a days thatís more than 3 degrees for a 2000 Sportster xl1200c? I know V-Twin mfg used to make 5 and 7 degree kits but I canít find anything more than 3 degrees anywhere.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

stock rake now? if you want more than 3, maybe you need to rake the frame.

Thread; Do 3* rake cups make any difference?
    http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40145

Yeah it’s stock rake. Yeah I’ve read through that post and a bunch of others. I’ve chopped and hardtailed a number of xs650’s but I’ve never raked the neck of a frame. This is also my first Sportster build so I’m not super familiar with the Sportster neck and how to rake it but it looks like most guys cut from the bottom up, make a relief cut up on the backbone by the neck, and then weld in some steel to fill the gap and then weld a gusset over it. I’m decent enough at mig welding but there’s something about raking a neck that intimidates me.

My plan is to run like 8 over tubes with a 4 inch stretch hardtail.

Basically I don’t mind if it rides a little high in the front with the extended fork tubes and I’m not really looking to rake it so much as to flatten the frame back parallel to the ground, but I’d think I’d probably want it down a little if you know what I mean.

Share This