CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

that pic from the top of the fender kinda looked like the sissybar would hit the chain/sprocket? But the next pic from the other side shows the sprocket on? Must fit? The sprocket side sometimes has a dogleg in the fender brace/sissybar to clear the sprocket and chain? remember to weld on a tab on the sissybar if you are running a rear chainguard. must say tho damn nice looking project. looks great!

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by bryan83taco View Post
    Got my fender mounts figured out. Sissy bar and fender all ready to go. Trimmed the fender and cut for chain relief. Parts are starting to come in. But I fucked up and ordered a wide glide 21Ē front wheel. Didnít realize until after I put the tire on. Also realized the 11.5Ē rotor that came in the parts bin with bike is for the front. Oof. Not running front brakes.

Quality handmade motorcycles finished up my forks. They are looking fucking sweet. TC Bros 6 over forks came in too. Just mocking things up for now. Waiting on some mounting tabs and bungs to to finish up oil tank and fender.

Once these tabs and bungs come in Iím ripping out the engine and trans to weld everything up. Gonna cut off useless stuff on the frame then clean it up rattle can it. Iíll take it apart this winter and powder coat.

Got dang! Forks look nice!

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by flatman View Post
    that pic from the top of the fender kinda looked like the sissybar would hit the chain/sprocket? But the next pic from the other side shows the sprocket on? Must fit? The sprocket side sometimes has a dogleg in the fender brace/sissybar to clear the sprocket and chain? remember to weld on a tab on the sissybar if you are running a rear chainguard. must say tho damn nice looking project. looks great!
    Yeah I was trying to figure it all out with those pics. First time I’ve ever done anything like this. Got everything lined up and cleared. Had to wait for the chain to come in to make my final alignments and cuts. Spent most of my time looking up pics and searching here on chopcult.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by brooklynbomber View Post
    Got dang! Forks look nice!
    Yeah the dude is super talented. He does lots of other work in his shop too. Quick turnaround as well. I shipped my forks out last Wednesday and I’ll be getting them back in the mail this Saturday. I’ll post up some pics when I get them put on.

Check out his IG

@qualityhandmade

https://www.instagram.com/qualityhandmade/?hl=en
    Last edited by bryan83taco; 05-06-2020 at 10:27 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Got the new seat in the mail from Prism Supply. It’s awesome but I did not measure correctly when I cut the fender so the seat goes farther back then what I wanted. I was hoping it would end a few inches before the sissy. Oh well. I’m still stoked about it, looks good IMO. If I’m not happy with it I’ll get a new fender this winter.

Fender & sissy bar are a Done, oil tank is 1/2 attached. I got the other two threaded bungs I needed in the mail today. I’ll finish it up tomorrow.

I’ll be dropping the frame off to the local shop, Paradise Cycles, for some pro welding.
    Last edited by bryan83taco; 05-09-2020 at 6:03 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Seat looks good. I think its fine the way it is

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by markwade74 View Post
    Seat looks good. I think its fine the way it is
    Thanks man, much appreciated. Once it’s bolted down it actually sits right at the end of the sissy so I’m very happy about it.

I need to figure out some highway peg mount options for rigids. Trying to get some nice lean back on those long runs. The plan is to run Frisco mids.

I also plan on running Zombie performance Titty bar pull back bars as long as they have enough pull back for me.

Get Adobe Flash player

Assembled my forks today. Ordered some Bel-Ray 10w fork oil, I’ll finish it up when it comes in. I can’t wait to see these mounted up.

Drained the transmission fluid and put in some fresh 50w while I was out there.
    Last edited by bryan83taco; 05-10-2020 at 10:11 PM.

I am digging the accent ripple on the forks. Bike is looking killer

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by flatman View Post
    I am digging the accent ripple on the forks. Bike is looking killer
    Thanks man, I’m also loving those shaved forks

Get Adobe Flash player

I took a closer look at the gas tank today. Some serious surface rust going on in there. At first I mildly freaked out. Then decided to search Chopcult. I guess this is fairly common. I tossed in 2 gallons of apple cider vinegar and Iím gonna let it sit for a few days. Then I plan on tossing in some smooth pebble rocks and shake it around. Then finish it off with some Red Kote.

Picked up some essentials

Get Adobe Flash player

Tank turned out pretty good. Waiting for it to dry fully then ill apply the Red Kote.

Got the frame back. Ready to build back up now. Sanded it down and applied two coats of Rustoleum appliance epoxy.

Edit: waited for it to dry then mounted fender, sissy, and seat. Still need to get fender/sissy powder coated and drill frame for front seat mount.

Last edited by bryan83taco; 05-17-2020 at 6:53 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Starting to look like a motorcycle again.

Get Adobe Flash player

So Iím flipping through my clymers manual trying to find engine mount torque specs. It only mentions upper engine mounting bracket at 35 to 40 ft/lbs. Are the lower engine mounts the same? Or are they the crankcase stud nuts/bolts? Iím not a fan of this manual. The HD one I have for my Sportster is Much better. And yeah Iíll be shimming there engine and trans cuz some shims fell out when I took them out.

Got the front end just about finished up. Topped it off with bel ray 10w oil. I need to order two 1Ē axles spacers for the spool.

I ordered a Rivera Primo 2Ē open belt drive and their Pro Clutch. Supposed to come in early next week.

Also, I ordered some Vtwin oil line fittings and they would not thread onto the TT style horseshoe oil tank. From all the research I did they should have. Any ideas?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163751467265

Get Adobe Flash player

This awesomeness came in the mail today. Except the compensator nut won’t thread on. Seems like it’s the wrong thread pitch. I sent them an email, I’m sure they will make it right. Or I’ll just use the stock one.

Last edited by bryan83taco; 05-27-2020 at 7:02 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Digging the thread. Thanks for sharing. Cool project.

Get Adobe Flash player

Looks like I lost a bunch of posts. It's fine, because she's still not running, lol. All wired up but, won't kick over. I took a break over the past several months. But its cooling off here in FL and I'm ready to dive back in. I'm gonna mess with the timing this weekend, and try a different kick starting procedure which I just read about in another thread. Here's an updated pic, she'll run one day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	k9We3gj - Imgur.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	304.4 KB 
ID:	106183

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2KJzCDP - Imgur.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	301.3 KB 
ID:	106184

ridethewind

Looks killer!