CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default Rubber/glue used to shield hot wire in controls?

So Iíve installed a new turn signal module to run low wattage LEDs on my 94 FXD, and for whatever reason the turn signal switch input needs an earth feed rather than a live one as in the factory configuration.

Iíve desoldered the live on the turn signal switch and sealed it, and then run a new earth into the harness to the switch and itís all working great but there was a blob of rubber glue of some sort on the soldered joint before to shield the live.

Not that itís really needed but in case I ever switch it back... whatís the substance used in this case?

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

There are lots of those compounds out there just look through an electronics catalog. But if there is any chance you might need to remove it I would suggest Dow Corning 732 silicone. Tough, good insulator, lasts a long time out of the sun, Easily removed with a gasoline rag.
    Dusty

Perfect, thanks for the info.

There's a product called "Liquid Electrical Tape" used in marine applications. Comes with a brush in the cap. Takes a couple coats to make good insulation.

Share This